• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Receiving error on creating a specific mail name

G

grfecom

I would be so happy if someone can give me help about following unusual error message:

Error: Unable to update the mail name properties:mailmng failed: MEAOPO.Mailbox.AddMailbox failed for name=2ndigf and domain igforum.net [igforum.net]

This happens when I simply want to create a new mailbox under that domain. I could create any other names except that one!

What is the meaning of that message? I could not find any help or hints on Plesk's manuals.

Thanks!

I fixed the problem!

Open the MailEnable console here: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bin\MailEnable.msc

Browse the domain has the issue. You will see the duplicated value for the same mail name ubder the mailboxes. Simply remove it and you are good to go!

Hi, we have the same error message using plesk9 and mailenable enterprise. when creating the account in plesk it fails with the before mentioned error. It creates the account as a disabled account with no password in mail enable tho. deleting the account from mail enabvle yields the same result in plesk. all domains on that server are having the same issue.

Found that the issue has somethign to do with the "prevent simple passwords" option in mail enable. when it is turned off, the problem goes away. Is there a similar option in the plesk mail setting somewhere that does the same thing? im pretty sure plesk throws a fit when you change a plesk configurable option from the third party add-on instead of from the plesk panel.

Back