• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Recording CPU usage

B

buckhill_ltd

Hi,

I am looking for a way to record the CPU usage of a server at set intervals, so every minute4 of the day it records in a text file which can be formatted and exported to excel.

I would like this to be expandable to memory usage/swap file usage.

Also I would like a daily report on each customer, exportable to excel.

Does any one have any ideas on how we would set about creating this?

We would be willing to purchase a program/software which performs these requirements.

Stuart

Sysstat is your friend. It gives you more stats about your system that you'll ever need.

Depending on your OS, you might have this instaled already: sysstat homepage

If not, try 'up2date sysstat' if you're on a redhat system, to get it. It's a part of the distro.

Than try 'sar -q' to get a taste of it... if you didn't have it installed, you'll have to wait for a while to gather some meaningful stats, of course.

A program called Cacti will graph all your vital stats for you and give you daily weekly and yealy graphs of lots of things like CPU usage, disk usage, ping times, mysql connections and apache hits. And it is configurable so you can tell it to graph new stats. It is very usefull to see processor usage spikes that you can't realy see from just watching top all day. Find it here;
http://www.raxnet.net/
The help forums are full of new templates that you can download to graph new things.

(its free too!)

Justin

Back