1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Recover from backup site

Discussion in 'SiteBuilder' started by FFENIX, Feb 4, 2009.

1. FFENIX

FFENIX Guest

Hello, I wanted to know how to retrieve a site that is cleared from sitebuilder, I made a backup of all sites, and I would like to recover a site, not all.

Thanks, I hope your help.

2. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
  3. FFENIX

FFENIX Guest

Hello, I could give an example?

I for one want to restore backup site fenixar.com and the backup and this is called backup_all_51538.xml this at: / usr/local/sitebuilder/backups/backup_all_51538.xml

As would have to do?

Thank you,

4. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    Please check examples from the docs I provided as exact options depends on your needs, site type and backup type (compressed or not):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. Restoring a single Plesk Sitebuilder site

<sb_path>/sbrestore site --name=site1 --with-site-content --compress < site_1_backup.compressed

Note that for the --name option you should specify not the site ID, but the site name displayed on the Sites Sites screen of your Administrator Panel.

To restore a site which was not owned by Plesk Sitebuilder administrator (for example, it was owned by a user site_owner2), specify the site owner using the --parent-name option:

<sb_path>/sbrestore user --name=site1 --parent-name=site_owner2 --compress < all_backup.compressed

Otherwise, Plesk Sitebuilder administrator will be set as the owner of the site.

Note: You can also use the --parent-name option to change the owner of a site, host, user account, or any other system object upon restore.

Note that you can choose restore a certain segment of the backed up data only - for example:
    * restore the data of a single user from a full system backup:

<sb_path>/sbrestore user --name=reseller1 --compress < all_backup.compressed
    * restore the data of a single site from a file containing a full (together with the sites) recursive backup of a higher user (admin_full_backup.compressed).

<sb_path>/sbrestore site --name=site1 --parent-name=site_owner2 --compress < admin_full_backup.compressed

After you run the restore command, the restored data segments overwrite the ones existing in the system under the same name. For example, the restored site1 (<sb_path>/sbrestore site --name=site1 --parent-name=site_owner2 --compress < admin_full_backup.compressed) overwrites the existing site with the same name (site1) owned by another user (site owner_1). Therefore, to restore a corrupted system object (user, site, etc.), or to change the owner of a certain object, you do not need to delete the respective object in your Administrator Panel first.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if you still have any questions here...

5. Mika Hoffren

Mika Hoffren New Pleskian

Hi, we have a a bit different recover problem.
    We have files backupped with rsync and we would need to restore one site.
    How can we do that?