• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

RedHat up2date

G

gilmoure

Hy,
is it a good idea to use the redhat up2date function to update my system or will this determine conflicts with my Plesk 7.5.2?

It's never interfered with mine. I talked with a SWSoft support representative as well and they said that there were some issues before, but that they should be fixed now. This was several months ago. I've had Plesk though for years and it's always worked fine for me.

Unless this has recently been resolved, we've had issues with rebuilding the RPM database when up2date is used in conjuction with plesk updates.

Originally posted by alex042
Unless this has recently been resolved, we've had issues with rebuilding the RPM database when up2date is used in conjuction with plesk updates.

We've repeatedly run into up2date RPM db conflicts with Plesk updates. What's the "official" line on how to keep your system updated?

I was told that this is quite common with RedHat when different processes are trying to open the rpm database in read/write access at the same time.

I rarely experience the problem now, however, after 7.5.2

But, it's rather easy to correct by running:

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.00*

The above has always worked for me.

SWSoft has been working toward optimizing the RPM database queries so that corruption is lowered.

So how do you rectify RedHat's RPM database being version 4 and Plesk expecting version 3, which causes problems in upgrading to newer versions of Plesk?

I honestly haven't ever had any problems upgrading except the one time when I ran into an autoinstaller problem and had to run that command line that I gave you. After that, it upgraded fine. I believe that's the only issue I've had with the upgrades and the RPM database.

Back