• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

redirect a domain name

F

fourrs

I have recently purchased Plesk for Windows, I would like to redirect a domain name in Plesk to another domain. Can someone please help.

Thanks,

Rex

Rex, when you create a new domain in plesk after you type in the domain you want to create in the text field click next and then you will have 3 radio button options:
Physical hosting
Standard forwarding )select this one and type the domain name you want to be forwarded to in there)
Frame forwarding

Let me know if this helps

Thank you for that. Is there any way of redirecting after you have set the domain up. I do not want to delete and recreate it.

Regards

Rex

I think you can not do it after the domain is already created, but I might be wrong. Please verify with Sergius.

Thank you for that. Is there any way of redirecting after you have set the domain up. I do not want to delete and recreate it.

It is unnecessary to delete domain. However you should remove physical hosting on the domain and create redirect.
An another way is domain alias.

It would be good to know what is business scenario rather than advise anything.

Redirect Problem

It is unnecessary to delete domain. However you should remove physical hosting on the domain and create redirect.
An another way is domain alias.

It would be good to know what is business scenario rather than advise anything.

I have two domains hosted on the same server, abc.com and abc.co.uk, I have to make abc.co.uk as the primary domain but want to use the mailbox of abc.com. I also want to redirect abc.com to abc.co.uk.

Is this possible and how?

Thank You

I have two domains hosted on the same server, abc.com and abc.co.uk, I have to make abc.co.uk as the primary domain but want to use the mailbox of abc.com. I also want to redirect abc.com to abc.co.uk.

Is this possible and how?

Thank You

You can create domain abc.com with mail service and domain alias abc.co.uk with enabled Web and Mail options. Unfortunately you cannot do the reverse because the mailboxes will be available via POP or IMAP only as @abc.co.uk.

Back