1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Regenerate V4 License - Doesn't work!!!

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by PontiusM, Jan 24, 2010.

1. PontiusM

PontiusM Guest

Anyone know who to contact when I get the following error after moving ModernBill v4 to a new server?

[Error 61] The install domain new.domain.com does not match the registered domain old.domain.com!

and this

Why do I see this error?

1. You may have registered the wrong domain. Please contact support for a new key file.

I have tried to Regenerate V4 License in the ModernBill Client Center, however that doesn't work. If someone from Parallels reads this, we NEED to regenerate our V4 license ASAP! Please advice!!!!

2. PontiusM

PontiusM Guest

I just found this from an old post, by using the Google's cache feature. None of the old ModernBill forums are working properly.

Can anyone direct me in the right direction? Our billing is down at the moment.

3. PontiusM

PontiusM Guest

Don't know what happened to the phone number I posted in my above reply, maybe an admin at parallels revised my post. However, that number was bogus. Busy signal all day, finally got through, just to give me a message that number was not in service. I'm frustrated with Parallels. I wouldn't recommend ANY of their products, due to their lack of response and support. I am strapped. Their billing software needs a license key to be regenerated by them, but they are IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of. That's a catch 22 I would say. Frustration is really a factor! OpenSource might be the way to go. Thus I'm in charge of my own licenses.

4. geeza@

geeza@ Basic Pleskian

23%
    How can we regenerate our v4 license (we've moved the server it was on)? We use PB 6.03 but need to have our v4 version accessible for reference.

5. geeza@

geeza@ Basic Pleskian

23%
    Can anyone help with this???

6. Frank Laszlo

Frank Laszlo Guest

Same problem here. I'm not paying $75 for a support ticket just to have my damn license key updated.

7. PPNSteve

PPNSteve Guest

same here too

New install of our owned lic v4 and we are getting this problem as well.. Its showing an old domain we bought (and had removed from our account) years ago.

HELP US!

8. PPNSteve

PPNSteve Guest

Same here as well.

New install of v4 on our main domain (same as shown in our account) with an owned lic.

the lic info returns to an YEARS OLD domain we accquired when bought out the comapny and later removed from our account during the merge.. anyway, we need some help here to get our lic insync with what's in the account (https://billing.pleskbilling.com/app-modernbill-client/packages.php)

HELP!

UPDATE:

IF you can regenerate your lic key, try this:

6. Now you need to manually load the license key by following the four steps below:

a. Login to the License Center

b. Copy the license key data to a local file named "newkey.php"

c. Upload the newkey.php file to your ModernBill root directory in ASCII mode

d. Login to ModernBill and you will notice the new key being loaded into your database

e. Delete the newkey.php file and your new license is ready-to-go

7. Login to your system and test accordingly.

via the upgrade from demo to licensed in the manual found at: http://www.modernbill.com/support/manual/old/v4/adminhelp/english/Admin_Manual_v4.htm

Thanks everyone who looked at this and the mods for approving the post so quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010