1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Remote Mail button

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 New Feature Requests' started by SHGreg, Jan 16, 2008.

1. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

Hi,

I have just found out that adding a Plesk server to a Cmail server creates a button under the 'Custom Buttons' heading by the name of 'Remote Mail'....why?

Can this please be changed to do nothing (simply link the existing button to the Cmail server)? I see no reason why a Plesk user should have their regular 'Mail' button removed and have this one placed elsewhere.

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    You can change "Remote Mail" button name to "Mail" - all custom buttons are editable.
    URL replacement dof standard buttons is not possible due to technical limitations of Plesk UI rendering engine.

Regards

3. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

Thanks for the reply grau, will the Plesk UI engine be updated in future? I'm a 'pixel perfect' person and such a small annoyance is now preventing me from using the Cmail feature :(

4. Sergey L

43%
    Yes, the new UI engine is in development.

5. Sergey L

43%
    But that is an expiremental branch and I do not think it comes to production in "not-too-distant future".

6. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

So it would be safe to say we will not see it before Plesk 10 (and a subsequent Expand release)? I believe Plesk 9 is due within the next few months.

7. Sergey L

43%
    There are no Plesk 9 GA release scheduled in next 3-4 months. I think this functionality might be available in Plesk 9, though I am not 100% sure.

8. CSN-Carl

CSN-Carl Regular Pleskian

57%
    Would also like this.