• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remote Mail Server

S

ScottT

Hello,

Two questions: Does anyone know the answer?

1. Is it possible to have Plesk's mail be on a separate machine? If so, how do I point Plesk to use the remote mail server?

2. When I disable a domain's mail, the customer can still click on the Mail icon (in the control panel) and, it appears, he can still create mailboxes. Is it possible to COMPLETELY disable Plesk's mail so that there is no mail icon and no appearance the customer can create mailboxes?

Thanks,
Scott

Originally posted by ScottT
1. Is it possible to have Plesk's mail be on a separate machine? If so, how do I point Plesk to use the remote mail server?

It is possible with Plesk Expand. For more information please visit site
http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/expand/

2. When I disable a domain's mail, the customer can still click on the Mail icon (in the control panel) and, it appears, he can still create mailboxes. Is it possible to COMPLETELY disable Plesk's mail so that there is no mail icon and no appearance the customer can create mailboxes?

Unfortunately it is impossible yet. This ability is scheduled for the next Plesk versions.

Back