• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remove SWSoft from Control Panel

E

energylevel

I'm asuming as Plesk is a re-brandable control panel that the SWsoft name in the copyright notice and the 'Powered By SWSoft can be removed, I can't figure out how to do it though, can someone help, I'd be apprecitaive.....

Unfortunately, this is not possible... Many have tried, none have, reportedly, completed the task 100%.

Plesk Rebrandable Is It A Joke ?

Well that's just outrageous aren't SWSoft selling their product under false pretences then ?

It's supposed to be a re-brandable web hosting control panel or have I got that wrong, I think they could actually be contravening trading standard laws in th UK .....

Where I come we call it taking the p*ss !!

Are you referring to the logo in the bottom left?

/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/templates/navigation.tpl

can remove that.

And the one in top left is part of the background:

psa/admin/htdocs/skins/TEMPLATE/images/top_body_bg.jpg

I'm referring to all instances of SWSoft or Plesk in order to call it a rebrandable web hosting control panel it has to be like that in my opinion, I feel like I've been duped I just expected it to be that way !!

There should be a fairly simple work around for anything thats' in image format as you say ...

On the SWSoft site they talk about 'control panel branding' .... that is an absolute JOKE ! Does anyone from SWSoft ever come on the forum and give an explanation on issues like this ....

The SWsoft Online Forum has been open to allow our customers to assist each other with questions regarding the use of PSA and Plesk software. Although it is monitored by the SWsoft staff it is not our intent to address support requests from within the forum

It IS brandable. You can use your own logo, your own skin, icons, etc. They're entitled to use their logo on their own copyrighted product, I don't have a problem with it and think it's a good move, they've put the hard work into it and still provide a skinning system.

Disagree

Sorry I disagree with you on this, what is Plesk exactly supposed to be then If it's a brandable web hosting control panel then people should always have the option to have their company name and logo ONLY in it if they wish and nobody elses.

SWSoft have lots of marketing options one of them shouldn't be to force people using Plesk to show their company name in what ever format it takes whether they like it or not !

I'd have to strongly disagree with you on this and some of the descriptions of Plesk I've seen must be make it close to infringing trade descriptions regulations in the UK, some of the stuff I've read is ambiguous yes, ( probably deliberately) but IMO Plesk isn't totally rebrandable in the purist sense at least.

Hey mikk (or anyone),

Is there a way to edit the page titles (using the .tpl's or whatever)?

Thanks.

Back