• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remove Virtuzzo Link

J

jbinette

Remove Virtuzzo Spam Link

Hi,

I want to know if is possible to remove "Virtuzzo Link" spam from the top bleu title bar and from left menu? i paid for these product, i don't understand "Swsoft" don't give us a "option" to remove this pub!

Thank you

Jonathan

Hey!

Also (as on the Linux-Part of this Forum) I give a 100% Agree that the Software should be completely ad-free!

We've paid a lot of money for it and don't want to annoy out customers with those ads! :-(

To remove the advertisement open:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\skins\{SKINNAAM}\c ss\top\custom.css

You have to edit:

Code:
#topTxtBanner {
  display: -moz-inline-box;
  display: inline-block;
  border-left: 1px solid #dce7ff;
  background-image: url('../../images/vz_top.gif');
  background-position: 9px 3px;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  padding-left: 36px;
  padding-right: 7px;
  text-align: left;
  display: none;    /** add this line **/
}

and

Code:
#topTxtBanner a {
  display: block;
  display: none;  /** add this line **/
  white-space: nowrap;
}

Now it is gone

Yes, this works like a charm.

Here's hoping SWSOFT recognizes how insulting this action is to their customer-base. I would truly like to see SWSOFT release an update that removes advertising from the header, left menu and "what's new" sections.

To remove it from the left menu:

add this to /css/left/custom.css

#virtuozzo {
display: none;
}

*** Thank for DiLDoG for this little secret ;) ***

we only need to find how to remove news now ;P

i think you need to modify

/skins/$yourskin/css/main/desktop.css

but im not webmaster, so i don't know what remove or add to hide News ;)

If anyone can help?

Thank

This also has a lot of discussion going in the Plesk 8.1 for Linux section.

What has been suggested there is that SWSOFT really needs to hear our concerns. But some have said that they are just one provider.

Since many of the people who post here represent smaller web hosting and dedicated server providers, what I would suggest is for all of the providers who have paid for their Plesk licenses and SUS to join us and contact their sales rep. Many small fish can come together to make a big school.

Let them know that you consider this to be a bad situation, and one that is harmful to your business. Don't be ugly or rude, but just explain why this is a problem. If enough of their marketplace voices an opinion, it would be foolish for SWSOFT to ignore that.

Phone numbers and email addresses can be found on SWSOFT's website here:
http://www.swsoft.com/en/contact/

Inspired by the other CSS updates to remove SW-SPAM, I added the following to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/main/custom.css and removed the news box:
Code:
#dBox-news_articles
{
  display: none;
}
I admin a fair number of boxes so I'm going to take a stab at making an RPM for this and the other virtuozzo updates. I'll post a link here if it works out.

I don't think today is my day to learn about building RPM's. Here's a patch file with my update plus the others I snagged from this thread:
Code:
diff -cr /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/left/custom.css ./left/custom.css
*** /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/left/custom.css     2006-11-29 12:15:44.000000000 -0500
--- ./left/custom.css   2006-12-03 17:00:59.000000000 -0500
*** 109,111 ****
--- 109,115 ----
  #copyright {
    margin: 5px 0;
  }
+ 
+ #virtuozzo {
+   display: none;
+ }
diff -cr /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/main/custom.css ./main/custom.css
*** /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/main/custom.css     2006-11-29 12:15:44.000000000 -0500
--- ./main/custom.css   2006-12-03 17:01:20.000000000 -0500
*** 440,442 ****
--- 440,446 ----
    font-size: 12px;
  }

+ #dBox-news_articles
+ {
+ }
diff -cr /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/top/custom.css ./top/custom.css
*** /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/top/custom.css      2006-11-29 12:15:44.000000000 -0500
--- ./top/custom.css    2006-12-03 17:05:50.000000000 -0500
*** 29,36 ****
  }

#topTxtBanner {
-   display: -moz-inline-box;
-   display: inline-block;
    border-left: 1px solid #dce7ff;
    background-image: url('../../images/vz_top.gif');
    background-position: 9px 3px;
--- 29,34 ----
*** 38,43 ****
--- 36,42 ----
    padding-left: 36px;
    padding-right: 7px;
    text-align: left;
  }

#topTxtLogout {
*** 70,76 ****
  }

#topTxtBanner a {
-   display: block;
  }

--- 69,75 ----
  }

#topTxtBanner a {
  }
Copy this to root's home directory as spam.patch, and then as root run these two commands:
Code:
# cd /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/
# patch -p9 < /root/spam.patch

nice job zymsys, but did you see there is a "My Plesk.com" red icon after you add a new email user? If you know how to hide or remove it from there let me know pls.

thanks

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but in Horde there's a News panel on the left side and the last piece of news is about Virtuozzo. How can we remove that from all mail accounts?

Actionable?

I think something like this is class actionable. Look at how much is paid for web advertising these days. SWSOFT has just rolled out a GREAT new marketing scheme. You pay me money and I will steal ad space on your business web site.

They are making money from us and from the advertising we in-voluntarily supply for them.

This is annoying but acceptable with a small copyright statement and default services and icons in the control panel which route to their DNS and SSL services.

However strait up advertising is WRONG.

People have complained about the inability to "rebrand" for years eventhough it is part of their sales pitch. If you sell a rebrandable product you better believe people are gonna want to HIDE your involvement from their customers, not have their customers be advertised to.

Plus my customers want website without the technicalities and here they are being advertised to about a VIRTUALIZATION PLATFORM!!! It's one thing to target system Admins but my customers are wondering what I'm pushing here.

***END RANK***

On a side note for anyone who needs to hide actual button icons anywhere in the control panel (IE. Myplesk.com in the mail user panel) check out customization templates in the server panel. Go into the template definition and click "SHOW TOOLBAR" this will give you a tool bar while you navigate the site that allows you to set ANY BUTTON to "SHOW", "HIDE", or "ADMIN". Hope this helps.

Thanks,
John Hamilton

Re: Actionable?

Originally posted by johnham
On a side note for anyone who needs to hide actual button icons anywhere in the control panel (IE. Myplesk.com in the mail user panel) check out customization templates in the server panel. Go into the template definition and click "SHOW TOOLBAR" this will give you a tool bar while you navigate the site that allows you to set ANY BUTTON to "SHOW", "HIDE", or "ADMIN". Hope this helps.

Actually when i do this i get a toolbar with a greyed out "customization" button and text which states "There are no customizable controls on this screen"

How do we remove the myplesk.com link?

Back