1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Repair Plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by byildirim, Dec 26, 2008.

1. byildirim

byildirim Guest

Hi there,
    While I was doing so maintenance on the server, I think I deletes some of plesk files :)))) (8.4) (Centos 5 x86_64)
    I can login to the plesk but when ever I click on Home or Server link on the left, I get white screen on the right.

Is there a way to repair a plesk installation? Or remove plesk without delete email addresses, db and vhosts and reinstall it again?

Thanks for your help!
    Bill

2. gorilych

gorilych Guest

the easiest way - upgrade:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_8_6_0 --upgrade-installed-components

3. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    Where do we locate the correct release id?

4. gorilych

gorilych Guest

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --show-releases
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --help

5. vnchristina

vnchristina Guest

Does anyone know of another way? I am having problems with the 'site preview' function. I am hoping for a way to repair the Plesk files, as the update method isn't working for me. :(

6. JordiM

JordiM Guest

gorilych I had the same problem as byildirim and I tried the manual update as you was proposing, now my server httpd is giving a permanent 500 error and the qmail service keeps being broken. I think that your answer was not a good solution after all dude...

Now... ¿how can I fix that mess?

7. Hutber

Hutber New Pleskian

85%
    I'm having the exact same problem as Jordim and OP