1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Request: add rule for Submission to default rules of firewall module

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Suggestions and Feedback' started by breun, Nov 23, 2009.

1. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

The default set of firewall rules that comes with the firewall module doesn't have a rule for mail message submission (port 587). This functionality ships with Plesk, so it would be nice if there was a rule for it by default.

Of course I can add a custom rule myself for the time being as a workaround.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    I have submitted this request to development team. I hope that it will be implemented soon.

3. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

I noticed that some of our servers actually have this rule by default, but others don't. They are all running Plesk 9.2.3 though. I have manually added a custom rule to the ones that didn't have it.

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Developers have informed that it will be implemented by default in the next Plesk version.

5. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

The strange thing is that some of our servers did already have this rule by default, but others didn't.