• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reseller 3rd partie

M

MaRiOs

Hello we've just starting the setup of Plesk 7.5.2 version .
I want to ask if is there any addition module , or 3rd partie programma tha adds resellers in Plesk.

Resellers who can create their own clients ,make their own hosting packets etc.

Anybody knows something ?

Only use clients as resellers and domain users as end customers.

That could do but, a client (as a reseller)with many privileges still can't give to his clients access to the panel right ?

Wrong.

Plesk CP access levels: Admin, Client, Domain User, Mailbox user.

So o Domain User can log on into the panel to manage his website? and his username/pass will be different from client's(reseller) login/pass ?

That's correct MaRiOs. If you want to automate adding resellers, take a look at Modernbill. It has Plesk modules and is the best.

Marios,

I was a little confused like you at the beginning also.

The clients are infect the Plesk's term for the resellers.

The client can create domains and set up "Domain Administrator" password for the end user to log in. The end user's username is the domain name.

Play around with it a little bit and you will see how it works.

The bottom line is that Plesk is created for setting up and controlling resellers.

Sam

So can you ppl show me at the Clients->Client Templates->Add A New Client Template
I have to go there and Create a new template called Resellers, and another called Resellers's Clients, right ????

The permissions on the creation of a new client template are : Permissions
Domain creation
Physical hosting management
Management of shell access to server
Non-chrooted shell management
Hard disk quota assignment
Subdomains management
Log rotation management
Anonymous FTP management
Crontab management
Use of Mambo content management system
Domain limits adjustment
DNS zone management
Java applications management
Mailing lists management
Dr.Web antivirus management
Backup/restore functions

What permissions should i give to Resellers and what to Reseller's Clients?

Nope, you should allow your clients to setup their customers as they wish, as long as they stay within the limits you set for them. What permissions you grant your resellers is up to you. Personally I am very wary of granting Anon. FTP - it's a huge security risk.

Create a client. Clients can either be single domain owners or resellers, it all depends on what permissions you grant them.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
Create a client. Clients can either be single domain owners or resellers, it all depends on what permissions you grant them.

So what permissions do u give to resellers ?

I pretty much only limit resellers based on what they're willing to pay for. You might want to visit some hosting sites to get an idea of different offerings.

Back