• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reseller setup

Y

yuranga

Hi all,

I have a system with resellers. They want/need to be able to user their own domains to point to sitebuilder.

eg. sb.reseller1.com/login

What they want is for this to take them to the localhost/sitebuilder/login?resellerId=3

and the same for admin and wizard.

We have tried redirecting domains and that does not work. We have tried using an iframe and that does not work. To be clear I get the page I want (eg. wizard) but the buttons don't work.

Can someone tell me how this is achieved.

thanks
Andrew

Even better, take a look at this.

All I have done is created a simple html page with an iframe in it. The source of that iframe is the sitebuilder server with the correct resllerId.

The resellerId is working (see logo top left) and the screen looks correct. But buttons don't work....

regards
Andrew

I have tested situation with 'iframe' and was able to log into panel and you are right buttons with text does not work, but icons next to text work fine. The thing is that these two items are made in different way and when you click icon not the text it works. Please check it up.
You can also try to use following way for redirection, for example:

<html> <head> <meta http-equiv="refresh"
content="2;url=http://sitebuilder.domain.tld"> </head> </html>

It should work correctly.

Thanks for that. Not a great solution I don't think - if I am offering this to clients, I really need to be able to offer a solution that works.

You are right - a redirect does work fine - but that defeats the purpose - the idea is to hide the complex url of sitebuilder with the hosting provider. The idea is to rebrand the product - as advertised by sitebuilder in the doco.

Not sure where to go from here. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Andrew

Back