• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restoration of a backup fails. Fingerprint not right

W

WebhostPeter

Recently we moved all the accounts to a new server. A few accounts obviously didn't want to move since we got complaints from a few customers that their sites were suddenly out of the air (and their account didn't exist on the new server 8 in total of the 1000 something)

One of them sent me a backup of his site (250 Mb) and I wanted to restore it but I got the error message
Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Signature verification failed for /var/lib/pasa/dumps/tallbike.net/backuptall010205
Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/pasa/dumps/tallbike.net/backuptall010205

Does anybody have any ideas??

I am getting the idea that I want to dump Plesk. I too have this problem and days of pure frustration at the lack of flexibility of uploading and restoring a backup has me ready to cut my losses and move on.

Someone else gave me a solution

Restore of User's / Client's domain backup:
============================================

SAMPLE DOMAIN : sample.com
SAMPLE CLIENT ACCT. USERNAME: peter
SAMPLE SAHRED IP FOR NEW DOMAIN: 70.84.173.46
SAMPLE BACKUP FILE NAME: backuptall010205

conditions:
1. domain needs to have been recreated on new server
2. two files need to be in /var/lib/psa/dumps/tallbike.net/
(a) the actual backup file, e.g. "backuptall010205" (large file)
(b) the backup log file (ending in .log)

command with above SAMPLE is as follows:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f backuptall010205 --single-domain-mode --domain-name=sample.com --domain-ip=70.84.173.46 --client-login=peter

(above command line IN ONE LINE !!!)

What log file?

I have run this without it and got a "Dump reader error: Unable to open input file..."

The log file from the old server (and otherwise try to create a dummy)

I did not have the other one. But now one is in there from my attempts. Will that do?

Right now I get a "Dump reader error: unable to open input file ...."

What we did, was first create backup of the existing stuff, this created a log file and that was enough

HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THE STUPID DUMP VERIFICATION PROBLEM

Okay, listen closely to this step by step process to fix this problem.

1. Create a backup of the domain with the plesk backup utility

2. Log into your mysql server and go to the psa database

3. Go to the table named misc

4. Find the param named bu_cert_id and record the value, should be a number like 3 or 4 some another close value

5. Now go to the table named certificates

6. Find the id that matches the number recorded in step 4, it will look something like this:

id csr pvt_key cert cert_file ca_cert ca_file name
1 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 1.8 KB] [BLOB - 1.7 KB] certXW8kZHj [BLOB - 0 Bytes] default certificate
2 [BLOB - 546 Bytes] [BLOB - 541 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] secure
3 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 887 Bytes] [BLOB - 251 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes]

7. For me the id was 3, so row 3 was the certificate I needed.

8. This is the certificate you need on the new server, this is the pest causing all these problems!

9. Export this row to a text file

10. Open this text file and you will see the following within the file:

-- Dumping data for table `certificates`
--

INSERT INTO `certificates` VALUES (3, '', 0x2d2d2d2d2d424547494e205253...lots of characters...

11. Copy only this sql command with the entire key

12. This same key will work for all domains backed up on the server.

13. Once you are done with all your backups, go to the new server's mysql psa database
a. Or if you are upgrading plesk, upgrade and then go to the same database
b. Or if you are upgrading your server operating system, upgrade and go to the psa database

14. Go straight to the certificates table

15. Run the sql command but make sure the certificate id matches the certificate id in the misc table.

THATS IT, YOU ARE DONE AND CAN NOW RESUME TO RESTORE ALL DOMAINS BACKED UP WITH THIS KEY.

Good luck,

Robert

Thanks a lot, but you missed something. I don't have the information from the old server, that is gone forever, since the old server is erased, deleted, sold or whatever they do with old servers.

Drats,

Sorry, then I think the only way is to restore it in the command prompt with the single domain option.

Here is the plesk answer on how to do that:

Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain.com/dump
Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain.com/dump.

All domain backups made from the control panel are digitally signed to make sure they cannot be restored on another Plesk server (or if Plesk is reinstalled). However, you can restore those backups using the console backup utilities with the '--single-domain-mode' parameter.

Following is an example of how to restore a backup using this parameter:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore --single-domain-mode -f --domain-name --domain-ip --client-login

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -c -clogin -ip

the values you use for , and are the same for the both commands.

This is driving me crazy:

[root@plesk root]# /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore --single-domain-mode -f --21kmbergen.nl --70.84.146.114 --admin_21kmbergen
Unknown option: 70.84.146.114
Unknown option: admin_21kmbergen
Usage: /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore [-h] [-L] [-t] [-V vhosts_dir] -f <dump_file> -m <ip_map_file> -s <shells_map_file> [-c clients_map_file] [options]
[root@plesk root]#
What am I doing wrong? I provide the IP address and the userlogin and it's still complaining

Alright, finally figured out what I did wrong and what is right

SAMPLE DOMAIN : sample.com
SAMPLE CLIENT ACCT. USERNAME: lversluis
SAMPLE SHARED IP FOR NEW DOMAIN: 70.84.173.46
SAMPLE BACKUP FILE NAME: backuptall010205

conditions:
1. domain needs to have been recreated on new server
2. two files need to be in /var/lib/psa/dumps/tallbike.net/
(a) the actual backup file, e.g. "backuptall010205" (large file)
(b) the backup log file (ending in .log)

command with above SAMPLE is as follows:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f backuptall010205 --single-domain-mode --domain-name=tallbike.net --domain-ip=70.84.173.46 --client-login=lversluis

The most important is that the client login is from the main domain the client owns.

Awwwwweeee,

Great information, Congratulations. I am sure this thread will help many more to come. Good Job!

Rob

This is invaluable info. It should be a sticky thread *thumbs up guys*

Re: HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THE STUPID DUMP VERIFICATION PROBLEM

Originally posted by robgo777
2. Log into your mysql server and go to the psa database

3. Go to the table named misc

4. Find the param named bu_cert_id and record the value, should be a number like 3 or 4 some another close value

5. Now go to the table named certificates

6. Find the id that matches the number recorded in step 4, it will look something like this:

id csr pvt_key cert cert_file ca_cert ca_file name
1 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 1.8 KB] [BLOB - 1.7 KB] certXW8kZHj [BLOB - 0 Bytes] default certificate
2 [BLOB - 546 Bytes] [BLOB - 541 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] secure
3 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 887 Bytes] [BLOB - 251 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes]

7. For me the id was 3, so row 3 was the certificate I needed.

8. This is the certificate you need on the new server, this is the pest causing all these problems!

9. Export this row to a text file

10. Open this text file and you will see the following within the file:

-- Dumping data for table `certificates`
--

INSERT INTO `certificates` VALUES (3, '', 0x2d2d2d2d2d424547494e205253...lots of characters...

11. Copy only this sql command with the entire key

12. This same key will work for all domains backed up on the server.

Hi could someone go through how to do this. I can't seem to access the PSA database via phpmyadmin.

Do i need to do it via command line?

Is there a way i can enter http://serverip/phpmyadmin ?

Thanks in advance

you will need to do it from comand line

>mysql -uadmin -p

Please help me!

I tried to restore my domain in ""--single-domain-mode" after a reinstall of my server. This is what happens...

xxxxxx:/usr/local/psa/bin # ./psarestore --single-domain-mode -f xxxxx_2006.07.25_03.30 --domain-name xxxxx.de --domain-ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --client-login xxxxxx

===============================================================================

Attempt to connect to MySQL server ... done

Checking packages installation ... done

Dump reader error: Unable to open input file "xxxxxx_2006.07.25_03.30"

xxxxx:/usr/local/psa/bin #

Can anyone PLEASE help me? I need this domain back!

Thank you

Back