• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore backup problems ! Physical hosting gone.

B

BoXie

Hi,

When i restore a domain of a client. It fails, and his physical hosting is totally gone. Can anyone recognize, explain the errors below ?

Code:
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update domain.nl -hosting true
-hst_type phys -ip 213.xx.xx.xx -ssl true -webstat webalizer -err_docs true
-login name -passwd -hard_quota 
04857600 -shell /bin/false failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during domain update: error in hosting updating: Unable to 
update hosting preferences: Unable to get hosting ip address id.

And this one :

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py", line 115, in doActivityRunner
newState = self.doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py", line 792, in doActivity
cmd.spawn(os.environ.has_key("PLESKRESTORE_MODE"))
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 238, in spawn
proc.run()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 193, in run
BaseSubprocess.run(self)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 177, in run
self.wait()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 197, in wait
BaseSubprocess.wait(self)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 187, in wait
raise NonzeroExitException(self, os.WEXITSTATUS(status))
NonzeroExitException: was finished with exit code 1

This is a serious problem. It happens on all my domains. Also after a failing restore ... the following process does not dissapear (hangs). :
Code:
/usr/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/supervisor /srv/backup/psa/tmp/restore_1_4

I got an error exactly like this one when attempting to migrate from Plesk 7.0.4 to Plesk 8.1.1 . It only seems to affect certain domains that i'm trying to migrate from another machine. I don't know the exact extent of this problem or why it is failing.

Can i ask where you got the error log? I was having difficulty trying to find mine...

It was shown on my screen .. since it happened during a restore of a domain in Plesk itself.

Also ... shouldnt the 'passwd'parameter have an argument/value in above syntax ?

Does anyone know where the log would be kept if migration fails? It's supposed to list all the executed commands and hence why they have failed. This would be extremely useful to help us find out why they are failing.

I don't think -passwd is supposed to contain the password, although I could be wrong.

Seems it failed on :

An error occured during domain update: error in hosting updating: Unable to
update hosting preferences: Unable to get hosting ip address id.

I'm guessing it wasn't able to apply an IP from the ip address table?

Logs are in /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs.

The second error is what is my biggest problem. The NonZeroExitException.

Here is some more output generated during the restore (performed by domain-owner).
What's happening ? There is some kind of socket error :

Code:
2007-06-07 16:49:02,709 INFO Packet succesfully validated.
2007-06-07 16:49:02,720 INFO Executing <subprocess[16006] '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/deployer' '--session-path=/srv/backup/psa/tmp/restore_1_4' '--deploy-dump' '--backup-user=xxxxxx.nl' '--backup-user-type=domain-admin' '--socket-path=/usr/local/psa/tmp/backup-extractor.15997'>
2007-06-07 16:49:03,000 INFO Incoming packet:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<action>
  <get-status/>
</action>

2007-06-07 16:49:03,000 INFO Packet succesfully validated.
2007-06-07 16:49:03,002 INFO Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><action-response action-internal-name="RestoreDeploymentState">
    <working>
        <starting></starting>
    </working>
</action-response>

2007-06-07 16:49:03,002 INFO Packet succesfully validated.
2007-06-07 16:49:07,049 INFO Subprocess <subprocess[16006] '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/deployer' '--session-path=/srv/backup/psa/tmp/restore_1_4' '--deploy-dump' '--backup-user=xxxxxx.nl' '--backup-user-type=domain-admin' '--socket-path=/usr/local/psa/tmp/backup-extractor.15997'> was finished with exit code 1
== STDOUT ====================

== STDERR ====================
Uncaught std::exception: UnixClientSocket::UnixClientSocket, connect: No such file or directory

2007-06-07 16:49:13,439 INFO Incoming packet:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<action>
  <get-status/>
</action>

2007-06-07 16:49:13,439 INFO Packet succesfully validated.
2007-06-07 16:49:13,440 INFO Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><action-response action-internal-name="FinishedState">
    <finished status="error">
        <message code="Error in RestoreDeploymentState.doActivity()">
            <context></context>
            <file></file>
            <line></line>
            <text>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File &quot;/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py&quot;, line 115, in doActivityRunner
    newState = self.doActivity()
  File &quot;/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py&quot;, line 792, in doActivity
    cmd.spawn(os.environ.has_key(&quot;PLESKRESTORE_MODE&quot;))
  File &quot;/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py&quot;, line 238, in spawn
    proc.run()
  File &quot;/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py&quot;, line 193, in run
    BaseSubprocess.run(self)
  File &quot;/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py&quot;, line 177, in run
    self.wait()
  File &quot;/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py&quot;, line 197, in wait
    BaseSubprocess.wait(self)
  File &quot;/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py&quot;, line 187, in wait
    raise NonzeroExitException(self, os.WEXITSTATUS(status))
NonzeroExitException:  was finished with exit code 1
</text>
        </message>
    </finished>
</action-response>

i had the same problem today. i had secured the /tmp with noexec etc... but therefor the unixsocket didn't worked anymore... unsecuring the /tmp and it worked again....

Back