• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore Failed - urgent advice appreciated

G

gee_fin

I've had a restore fail halfway through with the fatal exception quota error message. The domain now just shows the default new domain installation page. All the files are still there, the databases are still active, the domain is still there with all it's alias/mail/etc in Plesk, but no files whatsoever are being served.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to get this back up as it's a live site and I'm at my wits end. Can anyone shed any light on what the half-restore might have broken?

Any help would be hugely, hugely appreciated,

Cheers,
Graeme.

Do the domain registered in Plesk and has physical hosting? If yes - run psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-all to rebuild the apache's configs.

And ensure that DNS resolving is correct

Hi,

Many thanks, it <I>seems</I> to be back up now, with only the odd strange error that seems to be reducing. I ended up deleting the lot and manually restoring. The only issue now is that it's back to the old chesnut of Plesk complaining it can't delete the domain because of the quota issue. I keep hitting this, I'm presuming Plesk doesn't like it when you setup clients/domains with the unlimited flag (even though it appears this is the default option). So I now have a domain I can't delete (and need!). Very frustrating :(

Graeme.

What exactly the error message? Is there something in psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log?

Error is -

Code:
ERROR: PleskFatalException  	
Unable to remove hosting: Unable to delete system user: SysUser->systemRemove() failed: usermng failed: usermng: Unable to set quota for user 'racedcouk'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.PhDomain.php:228
    PhDomain->reset(integer '0', boolean true, boolean false)
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.BsDomain.php:289
    BsDomain->reset(integer '0')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.BsDomain.php:283
    BsDomain->delete(integer '0')
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.BsDomain.php:524
    mdeleteDomains(array)
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Manager.php:351
    Manager->removeDomains(array)
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/domains.php3:215

And it just won't let the domain be removed.

httpdsd_error_log is reporting -

Code:
System error 32: Broken pipe
[Tue Nov  7 15:58:12 2006] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
Processing config directory: /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.*.include
[Tue Nov  7 15:59:48 2006] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/5.0.5 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Nov  7 15:59:48 2006] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
usermng: Unable to set quota for user 'racedcouk'
usermng: neither PSA_PASSWD nor PSA_CRYPTED_PASSWD environment variables are set. unable to determine user's password
usermng: neither PSA_PASSWD nor PSA_CRYPTED_PASSWD environment variables are set. unable to determine user's password
[Tue Nov  7 17:15:19 2006] [error] [client 82.118.108.34] File does not exist: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/css/themes/original/img/error.ico
[Tue Nov  7 17:15:22 2006] [error] [client 82.118.108.34] File does not exist: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/css/themes/original/img/error.ico
[Tue Nov  7 17:15:24 2006] [error] [client 82.118.108.34] File does not exist: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/css/themes/original/img/error.ico

It's as though it's deleted some of the hosting but not it all, directories still there, domain not freed up :(

Is quota enabled on disk partitions?

# grep quota /etc/mtab

Back