• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore from 7.0 to 7.5

D

dwdietz

I am having some problems that I hope someone can help with.

I built a brand new server new hardware and os install and then installed plesk 7.5 without a hitch. I have coldFusion and MS SQL options running on the old and new server. Here is my delimna.

I did a full backup of my old server and tried to restore to my new server. It barely gets started and then I get a runtime error: cant execute INSERT INTO
subdomains(blah blah blah) VALUES (blah blah blah) MySQL Error 1062: Duplicate entry '1-' for key 3

I have no clue what this is trying to do other than insert into mysql with problems..

Hello,

You can create ticket for SWsoft Plesk Support team. They have corrected such problem on my server.

restore

opened ticket the other day.. waiting on resolution now..
:(

What was the fix for the "cant execute INSERT INTO..."

Hi Oven, do you know what the fix for the "cant execute INSERT INTO subdomains..." error is that SWSoft instituted on your server?

Thanks!

restore

I wish someone would post the fix.. I'm still waiting for something to be corrected. Deadlines are coming and i really dont want to build this new server and move to the colo with the old version only to do it again later.

Maybe One Solution!

Try use mysql admin and connect to plesk database and remove this entry (Duplicate entry 3 or another duplicate) .
And one suggestion, try too clean all configuration and any thing in new server and then restore it (use really clean server ) .
If not solved yet, try to not restore each site that make this error for you ( restore client by client or domain by domain ) .
In last I suggest not upgrade your server yet ,, plesk 7.5 need more time to be stable ( if you pass this problem , maybe see another problem and …. ) .
****** Please attention, I not sure about this solution and not have any responsibility about it ( just for help to you) ******

Repaired

Ok Plesk logged into my system and has everything restored.. So here is my next issue.. They restored my data but it is now a week old so i will resotre again the very last minute before changeing DNS to point to my new server instead of the old for each domain. I will do one domain at a time.

The problem is when i restore the domain again, it doesnt seem to retore the webstats from the old server. I get the latest web code, etc but the stats are old up to the first backup and restore.

Anyone know why this would be?

what did SW-Soft do on your server to fix the subdomain import issue?

Hi dwdietz, what did SW-Soft do on your server to fix the subdomain import issue? Thanks.

restore

Unfortunately I have no idea. I asked but never got the answer to that question.. Sorry.

7.5.1 fixed issue

Just for your info, we installed plesk v7.5.1 and it fixed the import error. Thanks.

patch

Is this just a patch or a full install.. the server is live now so if this is a full install.. i'm kind of scared to do that one

Any info is appreciated.

Unfortunately it is a full install (I uninstalled 7.5 and installed 7.5.1). They may have a patch soon; the patches usually come out after the full versions.

patch

Patch is available. I emailed support and got the download location.

Back