• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

restore incomplete

sugardaddy

New Pleskian
after a successful backup of the whole plesk server and a re-installation, I tried to restore with the commands given in the documentation section.
But...
None of the websites, the databases content nor the mailboxes messages were restored.
Why ?
My backup seems to be good as the size is coherent.
Thanks for your help !

It told me that there were some errors... but I didn't actually check the logs.
I'll post the logs next in the day.

whooo the logs file is huge !
hard to find something.

I found this for the mailboxes :
Runtime error during 'untar'. The archive doesn't appear to be a tar type archive.

another one :
tError_Exec_CallFailed: Unable to execute the following command:
Unpack MIME part.
The probable reason is: Runtime error during 'untar': Premature EOF without final boundary [./backup_mime_extractor_client.cpp:67]

etc.

hum
It seems that any question about restoration problems have no answer in these forums.
But I give you some errors messages !
;-)

Well... your turn.

Did you use the same version of Plesk after reinstall?

I had same problem, but resolved it when I installed the same version of Plesk as the version I created the backup with. Then I upgraded to the latest version of Plesk.

well, my previous install was a 7.5 reloaded updated to 8.1.1
and I reinstall a 8.0 updated to 8.1.1 before trying to restore

Maybe you could try to reinstall Plesk 8.0 , restore the backup and then upgrade to Plesk 8.1.1.

Ok I tried everything... without success.

The only solution which give me some hope is the convertion but there's 2 questions :
- I was in 8.1.1 (upgraded from 7.5.4) : that means the backup was in 8.1 format, no ?
- There's an error when I try to convert : "Runtime error: Premature EOF without final boundary"

This is the 3rd day without services for my clients...

Ok, dont know what that is. You should try to contact SWsoft support.

Back