• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore problem 7.02 - file name length mismatch

J

js1904

Hi,

I've been running some sites in my plesk development lab, and now I want to move these 10 sites (all under one user) to the servers running on the web.

I'm running same versions, and same setup on the servers. Just a different ip adress.

I've made the backup without control panel settings

So I tried to restore "full" and by "domain" - mapped a new ip address, with or without "skip missing files" and "do not prompt with warnings" But I everytime I get this "file name length mismatch"

The restore file is 236MB large.

Anyone know where I can find the log files, or just any ideas how to solve this? :confused:

Best regards

Jacob Schmidt
www.eze.dk
;)

This is at bug in PLESK, but thay are working on it!

If you costermers use nonenglish letters like æ ø å in file name, plesk Restore can not handle it.

Hi,

Any news on this problem?

I have some domains on this situation, and cant restore anything from that domains.

set up the ip's, clients, domains, databases and database users and e-mail accounts manually just as they were. stop services. move the vhosts from one server to the other, also copy them to the ftp directory of each site, move databases data directory from one server to the other, move mailenable config and postoffice directories from one server to the other. restart all services. should run..

Not possible for me, i'm restoring the same server, not from an old to a new one...

Hi,

Thank's, they ask me if i whant it, but i'm still waiting to get it.

Originally posted by António
Hi,

Thank's, they ask me if i whant it, but i'm still waiting to get it.

Did you get it?
Or give my your email, and i send it to you! ;)

Back