• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

restoring plesk control panel

2dareis2do

I now get a 500 - Internal Server Error when trying to access plesk.

I recently made the mistake of deleting the contents of:

/usr/local/psa/tmp

I am now getting the following error:

Starting Plesk... packagemng: Unable to create 'dirty' flag (/usr/local/psa/tmp/components_dirty_flag): Permission denied
System error 13: Permission denied
packagemng: Unable to create 'dirty' flag (/usr/local/psa/tmp/components_dirty_flag): Permission denied

I have also noticed that when I login to webmail I get the following error:

Horde_Block_kronolith_month not found.

I have tried reinstalling imp and kronolith but it does not seem to have helped.

Any help would be appreciated as I now get a 500 - Internal Server Error when trying to access plesk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Thought it would be quicker to re-install plesk than wait for an answer here. Searched for a while to find out how to do that though and so thought I would post my experience.

What I did was to remove psa using yum:

yum remove psa or more exactly:

yum remove psa-9.0.1-cos5.build90090127.18

this removes plesk and all of its dependencies, (quite a few).

Rather than getting a 500 error I get a 404 (page not found).

Interestingly, during the removal, I also see the following error quite a few times:

packagemng: Unable to create 'dirty' flag (/usr/local/psa/tmp/components_dirty_flag): Permission denied
System error 13: Permission denied
plus:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.69776: line 2102: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng: No such file or directory

I then use the autoinstaller utility to restore plesk. This is usually located in the directory /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/

./autoinstaller

After installing plesk, the 404 error is replaced with a login screen. However it seems that there is a problem with apache starting:

I found this:

After Atmail Webmail Light 1.0 is uninstalled from Parallels Plesk Panel server, Apache web server might not restart correctly, displaying the following or similar error:

Include directory '/etc/psa/webmail/atmail/conf.d' not found

To resolve this issue, run the following command in console:

${PRODUCT_ROOT_D}/admin/bin/webmailmng --remove --name=atmail

http://medusa.ozservers.com.au/parallels/Plesk/PPP9/plesk-9.0.0-for-rpm-based-os.html

Once this was done everything was working again. Hooray!

Back