1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Restoring plesk from psa directory

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by cybernova, Mar 18, 2006.

1. cybernova

cybernova Guest

Hi guys,

We had to undergo a OS reload , and unfortunately we did not have a plesk backup.

However i have the psa database folder in the previous plesk installation.

Is there a way i can restore the plesk from the directory.

I am in deep trouble...someone please help

2. hasancem

hasancem Guest

What do you mean with the db directory??
    Do you mean

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases --> this location, or do you have the xxxx-date-stamp.psa file under C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\backup folder?

3. cybernova

cybernova Guest

I just have psa database folder that was in in

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mysql\data\psa

Now its moved to the d;\ drive

and i have a fresh installtion in c:\ drive. i need to restore the current plesk with the psa database folder from the backup

4. hasancem

hasancem Guest

nope, its not possible as I know :(

that psa data is not a backup of whole the plesk including the domains and mails etc. For example normally the sites are kept under C:\inetpub\vhosts directory and having only that psa folder of mysql, it seems that you have to re-create all the domains and mail accounts etc. :(

5. cybernova

cybernova Guest

i just want to bring up the database and list it in plesk ..the rest is managable ...