1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Restrict access to Admin for Site Owners?

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows' started by m.r.davies, Dec 10, 2007.

1. m.r.davies

m.r.davies Guest

Is is possible to stop site owners from seeing the admin/dashboard area
    And only have access to see the wizard?

I've had a look into web.config but cant see anything obvious.

2. Alex Klimov

Alex Klimov Guest

Hello,
    No, currently it's not possible. Why do you need this feature anyway? Is immediate redirect to Wizard after login what you want (with no limitation to see Admin Panel)?

3. m.r.davies

m.r.davies Guest

Hi Alex

No problem, the default redirect to the wizard is fine

Thanks
    Mark

4. Alex Klimov

Alex Klimov Guest

Ok, I'll redirect your request to product manager, we'll try to include this feature in next releases.

5. Alex Klimov

Alex Klimov Guest

Good news, I found out following scenario. If site owner goes to login page directly (so there is no return url in the querystring, when he goes to admin panel at first and then gets redirected to the login page) - then he/she will be redirected to the Wizard after login page.

6. blazesoft

blazesoft Guest

Did anyome get a solution to this. I also want clients going directly to the Wizard so they can edit their site but do not want them going to the admin.

So far all I can do us use something like

http://sitebuilder.domain.com/exter...sword&ShowAdmin=0&HideNavigation=1&Skin=Vista

But this only works if the customer doesnt change their password and I dont want them to so I want to hide the default login and admin access.

Also I though according to the documentation at http://kb.odin.com/en/1324 that DisableGoToAdminPanel would hide this button but I cant get it to work.

7. blazesoft

blazesoft Guest