1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse DNS (more) active in 8.1 ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by EuroMaverick, Jan 8, 2007.

1. EuroMaverick

EuroMaverick Guest

Hello people,

After the upgrade from Plesk 7.6 to 8.1, I noticed several sites started to reject some mail they received. After I looked a little bit more in detail, it seems to me that reverse DNS is now active on the mail sites.

Is this a new functionality in 8.1 or has it simply been switched on by default in the new version ? Can it be turned off as well ?

I looked into the new documentation, but found nothing specific on this...

I have never looked at this in detail so anybody care to comment a little bit on this ?

Regards,

Mav.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    plesk activates reverse dns zones in 8.1. and in all previous versions.
    unfortunately there is not the possibility to turn off reverse zone for domain.

3. nickbrown

nickbrown Guest

While I do not have a suggested fix for disabling RDNS on existing sites for Windows (I do have a fix for Linux but am yet to test it on Windows), ensure that you remove the /24 PTR record from your DNS templates.

This will prevent new domains from being configured with RDNS.

4. Kanagaraj

Kanagaraj Basic Pleskian

23%
    Dear nickbrown,
    Can u guide me How u fix RDNS In Linux.

Thanks
    Kanagaraj