• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Rewrite url on ASP or PHP with plesk and windows server 2003

• Thread starter Carrouget Sebastien
  • Start date
C

Carrouget Sebastien

Hi,

I search how to use url rewriting with :

System : Windows Server 2003 + IIS6.0 + Plesk 9.2

ASP : I installed isapi_rewrite but when I try to connect to a website or in plask panel : Service Unavailable

PHP : I don't know if it's possible to use .htaccess and how to. I know how with a linux server. Do you know if exist a free issue ?

Thanks

IIS + rewrite

You need to set the permissions on the files Isapi_rewrite uses. I don't remember where but google for plesk permissions isapi_rewrite and you should end up with the write permissions.

You might also want to use Microsoft Web Platform Installer (http://www.microsoft.com/web/Downloads/platform.aspx) and install the module for rewriting. Quite simple to use and all the rewrite rules are in the web.config. So if you're a .net user, I'd go the IISRewrite module that's free.

Good luck

this is applicated also for a win2k8 server IIS 7.0 and plesk 9.2?

sorry if my question is so noob, but i wish so much to host myself scripts which works using mod rewrite.
thanks so muchhh for your eventual reply.

Pablo

yep no problem with that setup.
I've tried it on my Vista, Win7 and on servers 2003 and 2008 using the web platform installer and it's working without a hitch.

Back