• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube Webmail

flosoft

Basic Pleskian
Dear SWsoft, dear Plesk users,

I think it is time to get rid of the oldschool IMP (Horde) Webmail and get ready for the 21st Century with CSS, AJAX and in general Web 2.0.

I have found a great Webmail for IMAP. It is easy to use, fast, secure and very important, under heavy development.
I think that there are alot of people here who agree that IMP is not very nice to use. I even prefer the Confixx Webmail client compared to IMP.

So a great idea would be to replace IMP with Roundcube Webmail in Plesk 8.0.

Links: http://www.roundcube.net / http://www.roundcubeforum.net

too early

dont get me wrong - roundcube looks nice, but ... it's a 0.1 beta version.

Which basically comes down to:

1.) 1.0 will blow us away, hopefully
2.) it's not even near stable and not what you'd want to use if you have 250 clients on your server.

People use plesk because everything is standard, if you replace IMP with opencube, you'll have to build a special version of OpenCube that works perfectly with plesk...

that said, I wouldnt mind if SWSoft would replace IMP with @mail or something else...

true ... it is 0.1. But if SWsoft could already start cooperating from the beginning you can make Roundcube work perfectly together with Plesk.
If you start earlier with building the code that plesk is able to integrate it perfectly, it has alot of advantages in the long-term.

Looks nice

Looks nice but 0.1 is not yet ready.
Yes it could be a serious alternative to IMP.

Regards
Joao Correia

Take a look at http://atmail.com if you want to see something impressive (however, not open source).

Horde/IMP just feels old and boring.

atmail is pretty nice, its even included in the windows version of plesk...

but I still find horde one of the best solutions. true - its not really eye-candy, but it supports syncML, at one point will have full plesk integration (according to steve0) and there'll also be an ajax'ed skin.

what more could you ask for?

well... we're offering our clients the use of both roundcube and atmail!

Why both? Because atmail can be a bit heavy if you aren't connecting from a fast connection (etc. your cell) and here roundcube is great because of the AXJA scripting...

Just get a rid of horde and replace it with the webmail(s) you like! It's really not that complicated!

woxcom ...

its an interesting solution but I still think its too premature to offer roundcube to everyone, IF you are a mass-hoster.

me on the other hand, I'd love to see if I can replace horde with something else.

did you make any special changes to the plesk config?

Just overwrite the horde folder... only thing is that webmail does not work from the link inside Plesk, but how many login to Plesk to check their webmail...

We create a solution so that webmail always is available from our website or from webmail.domain.com

Everyone seems to be happy about it :)

hmmm... I might need to ask our admin what he excatly did... I know he once got a rid of horde, but each time you upgrade Plesk it overwrites all your coustom settings! So I guess he found another way (I think apache just redirect) to run atmail and just left horde there to keep Plesk happy ;)

Back