• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

running two servers? how

T

techmax

i just got 5 ip addresses. now i am ready to add a windows server. i allready have domain.com working on linux with ip address 1. how do i get the windows box going on ip 2. do i need a second domain name. cold someone please explain?:confused:

As I have understand you want to install one web site on two servers: Unix and Windows and this sites should have the same name. In this case you should configure DNS to have A records with both IPs. Also round robin option should be turned on at DNS server. This option means that DNS server will alternate with IPs of the same name.

well no, i have one server at domain.com. now i have 5 new ips and want to setup a second server to offer windows hosting. i dont understand how to do that.

Just install Windows 2003 with that IP's then Plesk and then set up website on it.
:confused:

well i had it setup but i had to have my dns on the linux box point to the windows box. even then the dns on the windows box would not resolve the webs.

there has to be a post or some newby instruction area that covers this

I don't know how to do it on Linux but on Windows you should create replication between DNS servers and use Plesk server as primary and another server as secondary.

hell here we go again. i understand but do not know how. man i got the newbie blues

Back