1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SDK and client/domain templates

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by iscream, Apr 26, 2005.

1. iscream

iscream Guest

Hi there

We recently converted from Ensim to Plesk for many reasons and I found Plesk to be a very interesting alternative.

I'm writing automation scripts for client and domain creation but I stumbled over the fact that while Ensim allows that, Plesk SDK commands won't allow to create a client/domain based on a client or domain template.

That's not dramatic since I can hand parameter every settings, but it's a little bit curious that the Plesk developpers didnt think about that.

It would be a very useful feature to add up in a near future.

Anyone made a workaround around that issue?

TMR

2. 0031

0031 Guest

AFAIK Plesk CLI in 7.5.3 beta1 supports client/domain creation by templates.
    # /usr/local/psa/bin/client.sh -h | grep template
    -template <name> template for client creation
    -force accept template anyway

3. iscream

iscream Guest

Thank for your reply and for pointing that information. Since I dont think 7.5.3 is avaliable through the Updater, I will wait for an official release.

Do you have any idea of when that should occur?

Thanks a lot

Tristan

4. 0031

0031 Guest

I assume 7.5.3 may be available within a couple of weeks...

5. iscream

iscream Guest

Thanks a whole lot, I will unpatiently wait for the update. Setting this by hand gives me a full page of command lines to create a single client/site ;)

Tristan