• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

secure ftp site and plesk login

curts

New Pleskian
I am using Plesk 8.1 for Windows.
I am trying to configure an ftp site for a domain.
I want to have a site i.e. ftp.mytestdomain.com where there is a plesk login that can add ftp logins (i.e. client1, client2), etc. and have each client go to their own folder (to read/write files).
I haven't found any "howto" or usefull information in the docs to help me.
I am able to configure additional FTP users on a domain, but can't seem to find a way to configure a plesk login that can only admin ftp logins/directories.
I made an ftp user (admin) template and applied it to a client...but still not too easy to limit the plesk cp login priveledges.
...anyone done this that can give me some ideas?

Originally posted by curts
I am trying to configure an ftp site for a domain.
I want to have a site i.e. ftp.mytestdomain.com

This feature is scheduled for future Plesk versions.

Originally posted by curts
I am able to configure additional FTP users on a domain, but can't seem to find a way to configure a plesk login that can only admin ftp logins/directories.
I made an ftp user (admin) template and applied it to a client...but still not too easy to limit the plesk cp login priveledges.

I'm unsure I understood you properly. Could you please explain more clear?

My customer wants an FTP site that they can manage the logins for.
I wanted to set up a domain/site with Plesk, so that I could give them a login (to plesk) where they can add/remove/manage the FTP logins and folders. I want it to be as simple as possible and such that the customer managing the FTP site only sees and has access to the FTP User/directory management functions.
For example, for the customer to create a login for client1 and have client1 have a folder that is read/write, but only available to client1.
They want to use it to have their customer (client1) be able to place large files on the server that they can then retrieve, rather than emailing them as attachments.

I can set up an FTP site for them on any number of servers that I have, but wanted to allow them to add/remove ftp users at their convenience...rather than contacting me to have me add/remove users. That is why I am trying to configure on the server that has Plesk...for customer self management.

Does that make more sense?

Yes, FTP site only.
This customer does have a domain/website with us...but it is currently hosted on another server.
I can move the web site to the Plesk server if need be, but I only NEED ftp.domain.com.

Back