• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Security BUG fix not work

O

onuy

../../../boot.ini securty vulnerability fix common_func.php3 is not working correctly. After put common_func plib folder control panel give this error.(Fix page)

Code:
Warning: main(common_func.php3) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\pleskserver\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3 on line 30

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'common_func.php3' (include_path='C:\pleskserver\admin\plib;C:\pleskserver\admin\plib\api-rpc;C:\pleskserver\admin\javascripts;C:\pleskserver\admin\plib\locale;C:\pleskserver\admin\auto_prepend;C:\pleskserver\admin\htdocs\domains\databases\phpMyAdmin;C:\pleskserver\admin\htdocs\domains\databases\phpPgAdmin') in C:\pleskserver\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3 on line 30

Same error here.

By the way what is the difference between:
Plesk 8.1.0
and
Plesk 8.1.0 + plesk_8.1.0_update070216.19

How do I tell which one I need to use?

Thanks

Just go to Updater -> Installed Updates
and look if the update "update070216.19" is installed.
But you can save your time the "patch" isn't working anyway...

It patches your plesk to be unusable and so the bug is also fixed :D :D :D

We've switched back to the original version of the file again...

Can SWSOFT at least acknowledge that their working on it? This is not the only unanswered bug report... I hope they will respond very soon, or i'm going to ask my money back. Or at least format my system again, as the Plesk uninstaller doesn't work either.

Like a idiot I didn't backup the original. And the reason why the "fix" only breaks the control panel is because the files are encoded by Zend Optimizer in binary format. So when you download them the way they link it, it corrupts the file because its not downloading in binary.

If someone can please zip the original file for me (8.1.1 version) and send it so I can get the control panel working again I would greatly appreciate it. I need it zipped up so it will preserve the binary format.

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the file to the server in binary format. Save it to any folder but not to the destination one.

It might be a dumb question to ask, but how do you download the file in binary format???

Thanks

Oleg,

thanks for the information!

Saving it to the final destination directly solved the issue...
The Update is now working fine here ;)

Btw: "binary" transfer only applies for FTP-Transfers, so if you use your browser to download the file you don't have to take care of that...
Just save it to the final destination right away ;-)

Back