1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Security Scan - Operating System not fully supported & others

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by kuhle, Dec 15, 2008.

1. kuhle

kuhle Guest

I have carried out a security scan of a new server with a temp Plesk licence before I migrate all data from an old server to the new one. Some of the results cause some concern, and I would appreciate some help please. I have only included the things below which may be cause for concern:

Where is the error log for this file?

Can anyone lend any advice on those areas that are in bold, and tell me what I can do to rectify them?

Thanks all,

2. kuhle

kuhle Guest

In case it is importnat (I think it is), I'm fairly sure that I have Apache 2, because /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf says:

3. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

What distro are you using?

4. kuhle

kuhle Guest

Does this show what distro I'm using? OS is centos-5

5. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Yeah, which is supported in RKhunter 1.3.2. Its available in both ASL and the Atomic channel.

6. kuhle

kuhle Guest

I upgraded (I think) various things:

and then
    But in Plesk CP at Modules>Watchdog>Security, when I do a security scan it still tell me that I'm running Rootkit Hunter 1.2.8.

Can anyone help on that, or any of the other things in bold on my initial post?