• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Selecting Backup causes Plesk to crash

pstretch

New Pleskian
I've tried to set up Client level backups to an FTP server. I entered the FTP server details and then Pleask hung up before eventually kicking me out. I was unable to log back into the Plesk for several minutes.

Now when the Client logs in and selects Backup from their main menu, they are immediately returned to the Plesk login screen.

Also, when the server Admin selects the Client level backup, Plesk crashes with an incomplete error message.

Anyone seen this before or got any ideas how to fix it?

Hi,

Have you tried to monitor error log:

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log

Thanks for your help. I'm not much good at the command line though. This is the contents of the log you refererred to:

:/usr/local/psa/admin/logs# tail -f httpsd_error_log
File "/opt/psa/admin/lib/python/ReadLineAdapter.py", line 72, in close
self.__fh.close()
File "/opt/psa/admin/lib/python/split_files.py", line 30, in close
self.curFileObj.close()
File "/opt/psa/admin/lib/python/ftputil/ftp_file.py", line 229, in close
ftp_error._try_with_ioerror(self._session.voidresp)
File "/opt/psa/admin/lib/python/ftputil/ftp_error.py", line 101, in _try_with_ ioerror
raise FTPIOError(ftp_error)
ftputil.ftp_error.FTPIOError: 425 Data connection lost. SSLTCP:557:send tcp:1005 3:An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Debugging info: ftputil 2.1.1, Python 2.4.3 (linux2)

Do this mean anything more to you than it does to me?

Is the connection to the FTP server works, are the username/password correct?
If both works as they should, try the backup function in Plesk, create the backup
on the local server. If it works as well then probably the problem is in the FTP server specific configuration. What do you use as the FTP server (I mean the OS and the pachage which provides FTP )?
If you want to get rid of the error message it is possible to delete the records about FTP server settings from the database. The records are stored in the table BackupsSettings. You can login
to the Plesk database with:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

"delete from BackupsSettings" will remove all the records and you will have the initial configuration, you will be able to try another repository.

Thanks for your help. Deleting the table BackupsSettings does indeed clear the problem.

I've now been able to create the fault using two different FTP servers: a Synology DS-207+ behind my router at home and on a Windows 2003 Server box with SurgeFTP running in a business environment. Both FTP servers work okay when used by any other application. This seems to suggest that it's a Plesk issue.

What's interesting is that using the SurgeFTP server I get a 100% error while the Synology DS-207+ works sometimes and then fails later. Maybe just a coincidence.

I've noticed that Plesk seems to run a test on the FTP repository settings each and every time that a user selects the Backup function. I assume that it's this test that fails and causes the crashes.

Am I the only person to have seen this problem? I can't find any reference to a similar issue in these forums or elsewhere. Not in Plesk 8.2 anyway (lots on 8.1 FTP problems).

Back