• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)

B

blazesoft

Hello,

I know this was asked before but it was a while back and I'd like to get an update.

Currently the application lets me set the Meta Description and Keyword Tag and the Page Title Tag but the Page Title tag is also used for the website Navigation name.

Typically on my a website you may have a "Home" and "Contact us" page but for some reason you have linked the Page title and the actual page names so having a Page title called "Home" and "Contact us" is crazy.

Surely it can't take much to separate out the actual page title tag and allow that be customised? Its the most important part of optimising a page

Thanks

Would there be any update on this please or anyone know when this functionality might see its way through?

Thanks

Actually, such feature request as separate definition for page titles exists for developers and I have also added your message as the comment for this request. As I know it should be added in future Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder releases.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I did see in posts from last year you had made a comment that it would be included in future versions but I was looking for a more accurate time frame as thats going back now about 5 months and as its so important for SEO purposes I would have thought it might get some extra priority?

Thanks

I can only pass all this information to developers but there is no feature list available for future product updates or future product versions, so I can not tell you when exactly this feature will be included into Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder.

Would you know if they consider it an important feature. I cant be the only one who sees this as a major issue. For an website having it found in Google or similiar is so important and one of the most important tags is the Page title tags which this application doesnt let you control.

If it was to have any sort of SEO capabilities configuring the page title would be it.

Thanks
B

Unfortunately, no news for you here. As I know custom title field was added into Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder for Windows since version 4.5+hotfix2, so it should work there. Can not say anything exactly concerning Linux version.

Any Progress on the Title Tags yet??

Hi,

I to would like to see this feature, its REALLY important especially for anyone who wants to implement any proper SEO into their site.

The Title Tag needs to be separate from the title of the page..

If ANYONE knows a way around this from chnaging anything behind the scenes in a config file or something please let me know.

Hi

Here still hoping. I'd encourage others to post here too as I cant see how this isnt very important. It is one of the most important aspects of seo.

Thanks again

Page Title Tag

Hi Guys

I have to agree with all other posters. I recommend this program to all my web design clients who want a fantastic and easy to use content management solution with wonderful modern templates but for the life of me cannot understand that there is a keyword box (extinct these days) and no true page title box. The page title should always be seperate from the page links ( even grotty old front page did this). This has been the case sinse pre W3. When the developers of this software fix this this will be industry leading in easy to use do it your self web design.

Garry Wheeldon
(Web Designer)

I'm with you on this. We've been generally satisfied with Sitebuilder since investing in it about a year ago. This is probably the most glaring issue we have. Setting up meta titles is a fundamental element of SEO, and there's no good way to tell our clients that this feature isn't available.

Please all keep posting so we can get this feature implemented. It would make SEO life so much easier.

Would you know if they consider it an important feature. I cant be the only one who sees this as a major issue. For an website having it found in Google or similiar is so important and one of the most important tags is the Page title tags which this application doesnt let you control.

If it was to have any sort of SEO capabilities configuring the page title would be it.

Thanks
B

Thanks man.

Meta Title Tag

Why has this not been fixed since 2009?! It's rediculous that a web design program uses the title meta tag as the page name! Who does that?! I guess I have to.. for my 200 customers.. well won't they be happy. seeing there titles as "My Town Chiropractor - Home" and "My Town Chiropractor - About Us" and .... You get the idea.. Rediculous.

Can we have this fixed please?

Cheers.

Back