1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Problem!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by awpti, Jul 10, 2006.

1. awpti

awpti Guest

Went to update from 7.5.6 to 7.6

Install was stuck on "Applying Security for c:\" for over 4 hours.

I decided to cancel and let it roll back the changes.. it's still stuck there. This server is hosting 160 sites and they are ALL down right now.

I don't know what to do.

2. awpti

awpti Guest

Anyone?

It finally canceled but did NOT roll back.

I was sent some fix information by SWSoft Techs but it is, yet again, stuck on permissions and my websites are STILL down. Each domain is asking for a login/password when we try to view their website.

Example;

www.acklinsislandlodge.com
    www.awpti.org

the plesk reconfigurator / Disk Permissions utility has been sitting at 00:00 time remaining for over an hour. It appears to be doing nothing.

3. Deltafox

Deltafox Guest

Before you update the webserver you'd probably made a backup, then i would recommend to reinstall windows en restore the backup. Then you're websites are back online and then you can investigate the problem without pressure.

4. awpti

awpti Guest

I made the unfortunate presumption that SWSoft actually tests their releases for upgrades.

This is apparently a known issue.

5. Deltafox

Deltafox Guest

Have you selected to install Apache Tomcat? If yes, try upgrading without Tomcat.

6. awpti

awpti Guest

The upgrade installer gave no options for what to/not to install..

Still running the Check&Repair tool.

Hopefully when it's done, websites will be working.

7. Tiago@

Tiago@ Guest

Hi,

Same problem here with my biggest server, hosting more than 400 domains.

I'mg going to wait.