• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Serious Problem!

A

awpti

Went to update from 7.5.6 to 7.6

Install was stuck on "Applying Security for c:\" for over 4 hours.

I decided to cancel and let it roll back the changes.. it's still stuck there. This server is hosting 160 sites and they are ALL down right now.

I don't know what to do.

Anyone?

It finally canceled but did NOT roll back.

I was sent some fix information by SWSoft Techs but it is, yet again, stuck on permissions and my websites are STILL down. Each domain is asking for a login/password when we try to view their website.

Example;

www.acklinsislandlodge.com
www.awpti.org

the plesk reconfigurator / Disk Permissions utility has been sitting at 00:00 time remaining for over an hour. It appears to be doing nothing.

Before you update the webserver you'd probably made a backup, then i would recommend to reinstall windows en restore the backup. Then you're websites are back online and then you can investigate the problem without pressure.

I made the unfortunate presumption that SWSoft actually tests their releases for upgrades.

This is apparently a known issue.

Have you selected to install Apache Tomcat? If yes, try upgrading without Tomcat.

The upgrade installer gave no options for what to/not to install..

Still running the Check&Repair tool.

Hopefully when it's done, websites will be working.

Hi,

Same problem here with my biggest server, hosting more than 400 domains.

I'mg going to wait.

Back