1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Server management companies

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PavelIvanov, May 2, 2005.

1. PavelIvanov

PavelIvanov Guest

Hello,

Can you please share your expirience with third party server management companies?

Best Regards,
    Pavel

2. poke

poke Guest

Pavel,
    I currently have 4PSA managing 1 of my boxes. The cost is my main problem. I pay $99 per month, which is the low cost management, versus $169/m. In my opinion the cost is a little high.

But, they are always there to answer my questions and if a disaster strikes you will be very happy that they've been managing the server so they can better help you recover.

Currently, I have 5 boxes running plesk and 1 running virtuozzo. They actually did the vz install for me for buying the product from them. So if they update something on box 1 that I don't know how to fix, i can look there and apply it to the rest of my machines. So I guess the high fee works out for me.

regards,
    poke

3. PavelIvanov

PavelIvanov Guest

Poke,
    You seems to be lucky "So if they update something on box 1 that I don't know how to fix, i can look there and apply it to the rest of my machines. "

For me $169 for one server is too high

Best Regards,
    Pavel

4. poke

poke Guest

Sure as all my boxes but the vz one are identically set up.

Yeah the $169 per box just ins't doable for me either!!

regards,
    poke

5. poke

poke Guest

Also try these guys. You can't beat $55 per month per server.... $35 setup and they install a few puny tools. APF w/ BFD which just uses up too many resources, I've been told.

http://www.acunett.com/management/

regards,
    poke

6. PavelIvanov

PavelIvanov Guest

Thanks for suggestion,anyone else?