1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Service node install fails w/o root

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation' started by rrolfe, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrolfe

rrolfe New Pleskian

60%
    If you specify a username/password combo that doesn't use the "root" username the system fails to install the service node. The SCP command used to copy the poa.repo file from the management system to the service node doesn't take sudo into account.

The task always results to permission denied.

2. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Regular Pleskian

Hi rrolfe,

At present, only root or administrator may be specified to perform system commands through ssh. We will fix it. Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Andrey

3. rrolfe

rrolfe New Pleskian

60%
    Dobrenko,

Well then that takes us to the other thread. It specifically says on the service node setup page that you can use another user other than root and the system will use sudo. However that obviously doesn't work. Then there's nowhere in the system to change the username used to access the service node in the system. Hence the other thread.

Robert Rolfe
    Weberz Hosting
    http://www.weberz.com

4. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Regular Pleskian

I answered on your question about changing password for service node. This problem will be fixed as i already said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.