• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up new Linux with Plesk, need advise on partition.

B

boliao

We are setting up a new Linux server for web hosting our clients' websites and emails. We are installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux V4 and Plesk, but need some advice on how we should plan our partitions. We have asked around, and decided on the following configuration:

/ - 10240 mb
/boot - 200 mb
swap - 2048 mb
/usr - 10240 mb
/home - the balance (about 100 over gig)
/ tmp - 1024 mb
/var 5251 mb

The server will essentially be used for hosting websites, from simple websites to PHP/MySQL web applications. We are expecting to host around 100 websites with around 50,000 email users and traffic wise should be moderate to high traffic. We also need to take into account the requirements of Plesk, in terms of where Plesk install its files and virtual hosts.

Some feedback we have gotten from others regarding the partition config above is that our /var partition may be too small for our needs (like MySQL databases, system logs and email/email logs). Some even suggest that we should allocate at least 20-30 GB for /var. Therefore, we would like to find out if we should reconsider our present configuration. We would like to be able to set up the server correctly while we are setting it up as a new server, so we don't have to reconfigure it later on if we find that it's not right for our needs.

just tested 7.5.4 with Centos4.1 (same as RHEL4u1). To my surprise the vhosts were stored in /var/www/ . But I think you can relocate them to /home/httpd/ where it was stored on my RHEL3 server

Originally posted by eilko
just tested 7.5.4 with Centos4.1 (same as RHEL4u1). To my surprise the vhosts were stored in /var/www/ . But I think you can relocate them to /home/httpd/ where it was stored on my RHEL3 server

you mean Plesk 7.5.4 is out? I've been waiting for it man......

Back