• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setup client templates with PHP safe mode off

J

jeanBF

Hi!

Plesk Control Panel version psa v8.6.0_build86080910.19 os_RedHat el5

How do I Setup client templates with PHP safe mode off?
We do not want to have to turn it off on a per Domain basis, We need a global solution.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this post.

Best regards
Jean

Client templates wont allow you to do that, you would have to use a domain template to set domain specific data - but despite that the last time I checked there wasnt a way to do this.

Also, I do not recomend setting safe mode off globally, it would be better to grant the client the ability to manage php safe mode in a client template and then when they create their domain name they have that check box for safe mode in which they can manage it themselves.

HostingGuy,

Thank you for your reply.

Our product is a Software as a Service and the Plesk accounts are set up for the purpose of using our application exclusively.

This is why we are NOT concerned about setting the Safe Mode OFF globally.

If you have any additional suggestion to set up Safe Mode OFF at the CREATION of DOMAIN, Please let me know.

How are you creating the accounts? You could use the XMLRPC API and then you would have full control over that - you could set the safe mode as off on domain creation, or anytime after the domain is created for that matter.

Safe Mode will be deprechated from version 6.x, also you can consider using mod_suphp and safe mode problem is gone.

Back