• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setup the DNS

B

bmorejon

I had just installed Plesk 7 in a new server with 2 IPs.

The DNS Template is the default. How do I setup it ?

I want to point a domain like this:

Master:
NS1.MYCOMPANY.COM

Slave:
NS2.MYCOMPANY.COM

After doing a lot of mess in my setups, I´ve realized that it was too simple and now it´s working fine for me. This is what I´ve done :

01. Server / DNS ..... let it as default

02. Client / DNS ...... Just add an A record for the NSs you want to create, for instance, ns1.yourcompany.com and ns2.yourcompany.com

03. Domain / DNS.. let it as default

In your case, you create the client with this A record and all the domains you create under this client will have the same NSs. From what I understand, you´ll have just one domain, but do the record add in the client, because if later, you decide to add another domain, it´ll keep the same NSs of the client.

note: after you create the A record in the client, you see the NSs you´ve created. When you configure the domain, just click on default DNS, you´ll see the same NSs.

When you setup a client you have to setup its domain... you´ll see inside the main domain ofthe client, the DNS icon.

I created a client = no DNS button

Than I add a domain in this clientes, when I click on this domains I have a DNS Button to change de DNS zones etc...

Is this one ?

entao sempre que eu criar o primeiro domino para um CLIENTE, esse dominio vai ser o dominio principal ?

.. better write in English because other people probably will read.

It´s not that. As a matter of fact the 'client' in Plesk you´ve to use to separate domains of the same costumer and also, to use specifcs templates of this costumer.

The main domain of a client I call the one which is goig to have A records for its DNSs, so it´d be possible, for instance, use ns1.costumer.com and ns2.costumer.com ... this way, all the domains you set up inthis client could be use the NSs of the client (your main costumer).

On the other hand, if you don´t have costumers that will not have their own costumers, there´s no need to do that... just create an unic client which is supposed to be you, add the A records for your DNSs and setup all of your costumers inside this client.

If I give you my login and password can you setup it for me ?

Listen, I could do it for you, but I don´t think you should give your password to anyone. As you´re in Brazil, it would be better you call (11) 3262-4567 and talk to anyone of our support team. I´m positive they can help you to set it up it. It much better for you because you´d learn how to set it up and would not have to give your password to anybody.

I´m just contacting our support team and let them know to give you full assistance in your issue. Call them and they will help you.

I called to this number and the guy who I speaked helped me to setup it up. It was very simple.

Thank you very much ! :)

Back