• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setup the WebMail

X

x75

Hi,
I installed Plesk, and it works (most of it).
But the WebMail seems to be not even configured.

I thought, plesk would do that.
Is there a place where I can read how to set up the webmail?

And once it is running, do I have to create an WebMail account for every user, or will plesk do that when I create an Mail account in Plesk?

Thanks for your Help!
Johannes

The webmail is automatically configured if you enabled it per domain.

If you would like help, we offer some free assistance.

We are a Plesk Gold Reseller and support this for all our customers.

You can email me if you need some help (for free).

[email protected]

Thanks

The Webmail should be working by default, but in my case
after installing the patch almost nothing was working.

i had the plesk support working on the box, but webmail still isn't working. it generates just an error in the event log from the plesksrv.exe

also do we have problem to write to access DB from asp scripts.

could anyone help?

best regards sonics from switzerland

I had said I could help if you would email me. :)

I have no problem helping to fix this stuff. We are trying to build our reputation. If you are worried about our abilities, check forums.ddihosting.com. Our customers are starting to post feedback. :) Most of the people we put forth our efforts on haven't purchased anything from us, nor do we charge them. So, if you would like some help, simply email me at [email protected]

Oh, as for the ASP Scripts. Check permissions on the Access databases. Plesk doesn't not automatically set write persmissiosn. The best option is to do this through the Plesk file Manager.

Also, verify via the IIS Logs that the Script is locating the file and that you are using the Microsoft Jet provider not the generic access one.

Thanks very much to ddreams.

it worked by setting the write permission on the access DB.

regards chris mayer from simplehosting.ch

Chris,
We, nor our customers, with 6.5.0 or 6.5.1 are experiencing problems with webmail. As for the ASP issue, we have one customers experiencing that and another experiencing MSSQL issues. Plesk is working with us to resolve both of these. I'm kind of pushy when it comes to fixing my customers. I'm a little less pushy when it comes to our systems. :) Our customers are very important to us.

We hope to have both problems resolved tonight. If we do I will let you know.

Thanks

Plesk Support set Yesterday the PSASystemAppPool in the IIS to the default from Microsoft.

When i set to the sites the "PSASystemAppPool", than you just get errors. you can't see any page.

Very strange and very anoying, because i have set up some more pages.

Back