• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

several errors with postfix

H

HernanM

I have a lot of this:
Jan 15 10:57:59 panel before-remote[18953]: Some error occured

Some of this:
Jan 15 13:06:33 panel postfix/smtpd[19430]: SSL_accept error from unknown[81.35.68.23]: -1
Jan 15 13:06:33 panel postfix/smtpd[19430]: warning: TLS library problem: 19430:error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol:s23_srvr.
c:571:

A lot of this:
Jan 15 11:18:06 panel before-queue[19705]: LOG Internal error in handler '05-grey-YoZUxn'. Skip handler.

I've payed support yesterday to fix a problem that would not let me upgrade to 9.3.0. Now I'm on 9.3.0 where allegedly there would be great postix improvements and I still have this errors in the log file.

The worst problem: I (my clients) have intermitent "Server temporary failed" errors when they try to send emails and the email is not even sent.

Please, what is wrong with postfix and how can I fix it ?

I can assume that there are some broken or missing handlers. Try to rebuild it:

- backup content of

/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-local/
/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue/
/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/

directories just in case.

- delete all from these directories.
- rebuild mailsettings and handlers with

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

I hope it will help. If not - just switch Postfix to Qmail.

Thanks for the sugestion

Thanks for the suggestion, I've replaced postfix with qmail, now the mail server seems to work fine.
Another issue arised and for sure has to do with this change, now I'm getting this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at panel.elbibu.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: (qmail 19160 invoked by uid 503); 18 Jan 2010 22:12:21 -0200
Date: 18 Jan 2010 22:12:21 -0200
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Cron <psaadm@panel> /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /opt/plesk-billing/admin/sbin/runevents.php
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/usr/local/psa/admin>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=psaadm>
X-Cron-Env: <USER=psaadm>

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /opt/plesk-billing/lib-db/QueryMaster.php on line 352

the memory limit was initially set to 128M, I've raised it to first 256M and the problem persisted, then I raised it to 512M and the result is a sw-engine process owned by psaadm (or similar user) that uses 99.9 CPU and up to 26% memory in a server with 2 GB ram... so there's something really bad with that script /opt/plesk-billing/admin/sbin/runevents.php

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance,

Hernan

Unfortunally that KB article refers to another problem comppletly.
As I said in my previous post, I already raised php's memory_limit to even 512MB and the /opt/plesk-billing/admin/sbin/runevents.php file consumes all that memory and even ends trying to allocate more. A process named sw-engine owned by user psaadm consumes 99.9% cpu. This is a plesk billing issue, already posted in the appropiate forum, but got no replies, so I repost here.
What I dont understand is what have to do mail server with plesk-billing's file consuming so much memory and cpu.
Pls let me know how can I resolve this problem.

Back