1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Share two or more domain names into one zone only

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Dominik, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Dominik

Dominik Guest

Hi everybody,

until today, I used two domains with - for each one - their own zones (2 independent websites). One of them is dedicated for Uk language, the other one for another language. But I need to manage 2 websites. Too heavy. :(

Now, my new website can manage several languages alone by a simple URL parameter.

My problem is this :
    I would like to set PLESK for knowing that 2 or several domains are managed on the same folder.
    domain1.com and domain2.com have to be the same zone (or folder on my server).

I don't want "frames" nor "redirect" solutions : I don't want to lost my referecement and ranking for each domains !!!

Do you know how to change any parameters or config files on Plesk for doing this ?
    -> Modify "httpd.conf" ??? "named" ?...

Thanx for your (precious) help 'cause I'm lost :)

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Delete domain2.com en recreate it as an alias for domain1.com.

3. Dominik

Dominik Guest

"Alias" ? Yes..... but could you explain better how to do that ? By the Plesk Desktop ?

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

5. Dominik

Dominik Guest

Thank you ! Thank you a lot !!!! ;)