• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sidebar skin

panosru

New Pleskian
Hi, i have a minor problem with plesk interface, but only with my root account, when i change the plesk interface for server preferences sidebar remains on winxp reloaded compact theme.

Exactly the same here, but in Plesk 8.4 for Linux, so i suspect it won't be repaired when we upgrade.

Any solution?

Same problem here (along with 8.3, 8.4 and 8.6)
Additionally, not just the sidebar (navigation pane) but the login screen keeps using the "winxp.new" skin.

And unfortunately same problem here.
But then again I've got it only one of my servers.
The ones with Suse are fine, one with CentOS has the problem.

I've already deleted all themes except the one I want to use but to no avail.

Can someone with knowledge of files that have to do with the current theme maybe point us in a direction of where to look?
Or better yet have Parallels shine a light?

(And for the record, I'm having this problem with a fresh installation)

UPDATE: maybe of interest: the server with the problem is running in a Virtuozzo container whilst the others aren't.

Thank you very much.

Greets

Good to know, that it's ok on SuSE, I'm using CentOS too.
I desperatly tried to find the 'responsible' files. They seem to be somewhere else and not in the normal themes directory. No success yet. it's a .. black hole :)

Good to know, that it's ok on SuSE, I'm using CentOS too.
I desperatly tried to find the 'responsible' files. They seem to be somewhere else and not in the normal themes directory. No success yet. it's a .. black hole :)

Is your installation running from a Virtuozzo container?
Because that might make a difference as well.

Another interesting point :) I'll check that. Maybe there's something outside the matrix.
I'll keep this post updated if something turns out.

Now I definitely think it's Virtuozzo.
Check the location of an element that won't change. You'll see it resolves to a different folder as the others. And if you look at the folders address it's a subfolder of "/vz/" (Virtuozzo ?!), which isn't present in elements working correctly.
Now I can't see a skinning option in Virtuozzo so I guess we'll have to overwrite those elements manually.

After a few hours of searching through a SSH connection I can't find any related files.
My best guess is the Virtuozzo skin files are outside the container (which makes sense now that I'm typing this).
So I'm afraid this is a big no-go unless you have full admin rights on the physical server.

I'll send an e-mail to Parallels to find out if Virtuozzo's visual elements interfering with Plesk can be turned off/overwritten/etc.

Yes, now I'm sure too. It was 100% visible to me today when we had a minor outage on that server. The Container wasn't reachable, and when I tried to log on to Plesk, I got the sidebar but noting else (the rest was loading infinietly). So when you log on as admin your sidebar is different, and it comes from Virtuozzo.

In virtual environments it seems to be a vz wrapper "before" Plesk.
The good news is that it's actually more useful than the skin since you can do something even if your container is down.

And as observed initially, Clients get the normal version so if plesk is down they neither get the sidebar.

Topic seems to be discussed, doesn't it? :)

Yes, now I'm sure too. It was 100% visible to me today when we had a minor outage on that server. The Container wasn't reachable, and when I tried to log on to Plesk, I got the sidebar but noting else (the rest was loading infinietly). So when you log on as admin your sidebar is different, and it comes from Virtuozzo.

In virtual environments it seems to be a vz wrapper "before" Plesk.
The good news is that it's actually more useful than the skin since you can do something even if your container is down.

And as observed initially, Clients get the normal version so if plesk is down they neither get the sidebar.

Topic seems to be discussed, doesn't it? :)

Yes. For now at least. I can live with the blue sidebar at the admin interface but I'm still bothered by the login.
I know it's a small thing but I'm a perfectionist.

Back