• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site Builder Troubleshooting...lots of questions.

V

valerie123

Hi, I just started working with sitebuilder

my site is http://www.thechristianaffiliate.net

I have a bunch of questions so bear with me....I am new to web.

1)How do I make sub-pages? (After I hit a certain amount of pages it maps them on the bottom and makes my page to large) Is there a way to add a page without it being listed on the bottom navigation bar?

2)I have an annimated header that I would like to display, it is a .gif how do I get it uploaded, sitebuilder says that it only accepts .jpg

3) My forum and blog pages are not publishing correctly, keeps saying errors. What to do? (check the site for what it says)

4) Where do I enter my meta-tags?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I am very new to this so please "dumb" it down in the response. I appreciate it,

God Bless,

Valerie

REPLY??

IS this a current FORUM? or is it closed up?

1)How do I make sub-pages? (After I hit a certain amount of pages it maps them on the bottom and makes my page to large) Is there a way to add a page without it being listed on the bottom navigation bar?
Yes, on the Pages step you could move page to second level: check the page in the sitemap and press the 'Right' button.

2)I have an annimated header that I would like to display, it is a .gif how do I get it uploaded, sitebuilder says that it only accepts .jpg
It's problem of Sitebuilder for Linux version. As far as I know I could try to select template, where .gif header is acceptable and then switch back to your template.

3) My forum and blog pages are not publishing correctly, keeps saying errors. What to do? (check the site for what it says)
I've redirected this error to Linux team.

4) Where do I enter my meta-tags?
On the edit step you could enter keywords and description for every page.

Originally posted by valerie123
Hi, I just started working with sitebuilder

As I understand you have Sitebuilder for Linux version don't you?

2. As for header images upload please check following article on SWsoft's knowledge base:
http://faq.swsoft.com/article_172_1676_en.html
http://faq.swsoft.com/article_172_1591_en.html

I think these are exactly answers to your banner related question.

3. It seems file template.xsl have not been uploaded for some reasons. Please check if file have been published: /home/val123/public_html/resources/styles/template.xsl
Did you tried to re-publish the site?
To be able to check and understand what can be the problem first of all make sure that there are all requirements observed on publishing server. List of requirements you can find on website here:

http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/sitebuilder3/reqs

There is a special script which can help you to check if everything is fine with that (/usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/publish/check.php
). It should be run from publishing site's directory. For example, if you are trying to publish to domain domain.tld you need upload this
script into site's directory and run it in browser as http://domain.tld/check.php.

New Problem?

Thanks for the info, I got my sub pages working but then in the middle of putting Google ads on my site the sitebuilder just stopped working?

When I go click on the pencil to edit it this is what it says

Internal SiteBuilder error.
File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Site/ModuleInstancesList.php; Line: 71
Message: Module with instance id='t74zjt9nwrf' does not exists.; Code: 0

http://sitebuilder.utmosthosting.co...feb264ef0f731&SessionID=6044698c45f892db9821e

It won't allow me to access the edit function of my site? Please help, as I can't change/update anything at the moment.

Thank you,

Valerie

Valerie, I have moved this thread to Sitebuilder for Linux section from Windows and also created new ticket for you. Please check your e-mail, you should receive our reply. Ticket #289900

Thanks for sending a patch, but I don't know what it is. Could you tell me what to do with it?

Valerie

I have replied to you in the ticket:

Just copy the patch into appropriate folder on the server where Sitebuilder installed and run following command from this folder under the root account.
# tar -xzvf sitebuilder_patch_3.0.2_1.tar.gz -C /usr/local/

Hi, the company who hosts my site says that I have the 3.0.1 version, can you send a patch for that version?

Thanks,

Valerie

You can install this patch for version 3.0.1 but in future if upgrade will be performed to version 3.0.2 some files can be rewritten. Moreover all patches were made for version 3.0.2 so it is better to upgrade Sitebuilder and after that install the patch.

Okay, I uploaded the patch in the sitebuilder files, could you tell me how to run a command? Thanks,

Valerie

Which command do you mean? The command for patch installation? You can find it upper in this thread. Go to the same directory where patch located and run:

# tar -xzvf sitebuilder_patch_3.0.2_1.tar.gz -C /usr/local/

Okay, here's what I've done so far.

I went into Control Panel
I went into File Manager
I clicked on (opened) the folder Sitebuilder
I uploaded Patch into the folder called Sitebuilder

I don't see anywhere that I can click on to run a command

I wanted to run the command that you said, but don't know what that means, or where to place the command?

Thanks,

Valerie

The command should be run directly on the server from console. You need to connect to the server under the root account and in console run the command which I specified from the folder where patch located.

I am sorry, I need this broken down more in "never touched a computer terms" lol....

I don't know what you mean run it directly on the server from the console.

I don't know what you mean "connect to the server under the root account and in console run the ocommand

Can you use more laymans terms, are you saying log into my control panel or what?

VOCAB: Server, Root Account, Console

Thanks,

Valerie

Hello Valerie,

Sitebuilder installed on some physical server where Linux operation system is installed. As I understand you have access only into Sitebuilder CP and that's all. Is that correct? If so you need to contact with server administrator and ask them to install the patch for you. Or contact with those people who did Sitebuilder installation for you.

@Dmitry Frantsev

I have the same error, can you send me the patch that correct the problem ?
----------
Internal SiteBuilder error.
File: /opt/sitebuilder/include/SB/Site/ModuleInstancesList.php; Line: 71
Message: Module with instance id='yucm2mlt9hr' does not exists.; Code: 0
----------

Thanks for advance and best regards

Gabriel Maret
Net4all S.A.
[email protected]

Where I can find the patch sitebuilder_patch_3.0.2_1.tar.gz

I was trying to edit the user's page template logged in as user and it gaves me the following error:

Internal SiteBuilder error. File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Site/ModuleInstancesList.php; Line: 71
Message: Module with instance id='d6z9gsljnfu' does not exists.; Code: 0

Back