• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site preview uses internal server address

E

EuroMaverick

Hello people,

When I do a site preview (using the preview button in the Plesk panel), I get a screen that opens up to show the preview and that has the following address: http://192.168.135.8/$sitepreview/<name of the site>/.

This does not work, since the 192.168.135.8 is the internal address of the server. When I manually replace that address with the external fix IP of the server, the preview works fine.

So, how do I change this so that not the internal, but rather the external IP-address is used as a default in these preview screen ?

Many thanks in advance !

Regards,

Mav.

Okay, let me be more specific: the server I am working on, is located in a datacentrum, far away from where I am. I am not in the same network as the Plesk server and I contact Plesk via the fix IP-address of the server.

The only thing Plesk does wrong, is using the internal IP-adres of the server to generate the URL to the site preview. Apart from that, everything works fine and as far as I can see, NAT should have no influence here.

I am pretty sure I should be able to change that somewhere, but I don't see where...

Regards,

Mav.

Back