• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

site preview???

G

ggggarret

whenever i try and preview a site from the plesk cp it just appends the domain name to the ip and then shows me a "this page cannot be found" error. does this feature actually work or does it need to be configured differently?

i need some way to give access to a domain while the dns is propogating.

thanks in advance.
garret

ok - i logged into plesk the way you suggested (which is the way i've been doing it) and i get into the cp and surf to the client's site i wish to preview and click the button and i get a new window that pops up with http://sharedip/domainname.com and it says page cannot be found.

any other ideas?

Do you have any firewalls installed on your server? such as: Visnetic? If yes you have probably Filtering on and it blocks you the extension: .com .us etc

Please let me know

Regards,
Henry

no firewall that i know of. there is some antivirus software installed though.

I don't think it is antivirus software.

Did you try to run the Plesk Repair tool under: Start>Programm files> SWSOFT>Plesk Repair tool ro something like that.

Regards,
Henry

is there any other way to have a temp url for a new domain?

i can run the repair tool but i'll be really bummed out if nothing works after that.

i ran the reconfigurator and still no luck.

i'm sure someone on this board has given people temp urls before. where are the plesk techs???

Hi again,

Tell me, did you install Plesk on a TOTALLY FRESH server? Or was there a Control Panel installed before PLESK?

Regards,
Henry

yes, this was a fresh install on a new dedicated box. the only other thing on the box is modernbill which was installed afterwards.

that i don't know. the server was setup by ddihosting.com and they have abandoned us and won't reply to emails or calls, otherwise i'd get more info on it.

I am having the same exact problem and have tried all solutions posted in this thread and others with no luck.

Nivahost, if you don't mind, I've also added you to my Yahoo list to see if you might have some insight as to the problem. This is driving me nuts! My yahoo ID is: sonicslp

Thanks!

i had totally forgot about this except for the fact that i still don't have a working site preview feature and am forced to setup subdomains for people to be able to preview anything. this sucks. where are the plesk techs? you lazy crapheads need to answer this question before i freak out and turn you in as terrorist sympathizers.

what version are you running? 7.0.3 is byggy. Seems only 7.0.2 boxes work as they should, big warning to install 7.0.3.

a known 7.0.3 problem is previews.

unfortunately i just upgraded to 7.0.3 and now the preview is worse but other things seem to work better.

Is anyones got a working solution for this issue or its still unsolved... ?
I am still looking for the solution.

Originally posted by ggggarret
i had totally forgot about this except for the fact that i still don't have a working site preview feature and am forced to setup subdomains for people to be able to preview anything. this sucks. where are the plesk techs? you lazy crapheads need to answer this question before i freak out and turn you in as terrorist sympathizers.

Back