• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site Preview

H

hansenc

Anyone find that the site preview works?

This product is so shitty. I don't know why I keep giving Plesk a shot with each new version. I just hope that they maybe just maybe they got it right the this time with a new build but each time i am disapointed. I have already reinstalled the Plesk software twice and get new errors each time. Guess the answer is to format the system each time right?

Clean Windows 2008 Server.

Can someone from PARALLES please contact me directly. Seeing as other threads go unanswered and bugs submitted are a waste of time because i am never contacted on them either.

Anyone find that the site preview works?

This product is so shitty. I don't know why I keep giving Plesk a shot with each new version. I just hope that they maybe just maybe they got it right the this time with a new build but each time i am disapointed. I have already reinstalled the Plesk software twice and get new errors each time. Guess the answer is to format the system each time right?

Clean Windows 2008 Server.

Can someone from PARALLES please contact me directly. Seeing as other threads go unanswered and bugs submitted are a waste of time because i am never contacted on them either.

Hello hansenc,

Could you please be more informative? What does not work? Does Plesk show some error messages?

I would get 404 errors when trying to display the site preview. I have formatted that box and started fresh. I have a Fresh install of Windows 2008 ENT, IIS, DNS, and Plesk 8.4. Site preview works, just slow as hell. Any ideas?

I take that back! On a fresh install only be active for HOURS. I'm getting 404 error when trying to view the site on site preview.

I take that back! On a fresh install only be active for HOURS. I'm getting 404 error when trying to view the site on site preview.

please make sure that default domain is set in Plesk->server->Ip addresses->domains->set default domain

Found out if you go to the site on the local web server you get a little more detail in the error message.
sitepreview_error.jpg

This is on a clean install, just formatted it last night, I have installed Plesk and G6.

This is on a clean install, just formatted it last night, I have installed Plesk and G6.

Hello hansenc,

We cannot reproduce the issue in our lab - seems there is non described factor that affects Plesk installation.
Could you grant us access to the problem server?

Yes you can have access to it. Would you like the login info via PM? Does ISAPI Rewrite 3 work on Plesk 8.4?

Hello hansenc,

We cannot reproduce the issue in our lab - seems there is non described factor that affects Plesk installation.
Could you grant us access to the problem server?

Is this something you want to do? I have heard no responce from you.

Sergius,

I actually have exact same problem, the site preview does NOT work on Fresh Windows 2008 STD server. It works fine on win 2003 but on win 2008 the site preview gives my HTTP 404 NOT FOUND Error.

The url for site prewiev looks like that: http://serversdefaultIP/$sitepreview/domain.com/

Please have this fixed asap.

Thank you,
Henryk

OK I found the solution to fix the sitepreview issue on server 2008, by default the Default Website is stopped under IIS7, just go ahead and start it and the sitepreview will work fine.

Let me know if it works for you too guys.

Thanks

And as for the slow page preview Hans, go to plesks default skeleton and modify the generated preview site remove the scripts from the html codes they are useless. If you need some help IM me on yahoo messenger at: [email protected] I am 24/7 (almost) online on my messenger.

Henryk

OK I found the solution to fix the sitepreview issue on server 2008, by default the Default Website is stopped under IIS7, just go ahead and start it and the sitepreview will work fine.

Let me know if it works for you too guys.

Thanks

My Default Website is started. Any other ideas?

Hello henry, hansenc,

Did you resolve the issue? We tried to reproduce the issue on Windows 2008 Ent/Std/Web but all work properly.
Could you inform me about result or grand access to the problem server? We need to look at the issue on site.

Preview Site

Hello Sergius,

The Site Preview did not work for me but after I Started the Default Website under IIS7 it works just fine.

we have the same issue on a new install of 8.4 on 2008 and the default domain in IIs is running but the error remains:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I have given up. Sergius asked for access to the box, I PM'ed him within a day or so and nothing, no responce back.

Plesk seems to think that its ok for Customer's to find every single bug in their application and not test it themselfs.

Hansenc

Hansenc,

Remember that this forums are not intended to FIX the bugs, this is a open forum where users, eventually admins communicate etc. To have a specific issue fixed please open a support ticket and the Parallels support team will help you promptly.

Thanks,

Henryk

Back