1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows Hotfix 3 has been released

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows' started by Dmitry Frantsev, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
  2. amiles248

amiles248 Guest

Do we need to install a hotfix #2 before #3? How can I tell if hotfix #2 has already been installed?

3. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    Latest hotfix includes all previous hotfixes, so you should not worry about that. Just install latest one.
    We have also created additional article related to this question:
    http://kb.swsoft.com/en/2227

4. amiles248

amiles248 Guest

Dmitry,

I installed HF3 through the auto-update feature of the SB application. After the install I received the following error when I attempt to view the login or wizard screen:

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'restartOnExternalChanges'.

Line 15: <section name="PagerControlAdapters" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" restartOnExternalChanges="true"/>

Source File: [local path]\web\web.config Line: 15

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407

5. amiles248

amiles248 Guest

For some reason the HF created a new website, using .NET 1.1 and stopped my old website. I changed the new website to 2.0.50727 and now everything works again.

Why would the HF create a new website and why would it be .NET 1.1?

6. amiles248

amiles248 Guest

Ok, so let me clarify. I can now get into the Admin interface and edit the settings of the SB instance. I am unable to edit web pages or preview sites. When I look in the LogEntity table in the DB I see the following error message:

SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.Storage.ProviderException: RemoteConnectionError ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls.EditPageControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls.EditPageControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

ClassName: SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.EditPageFrameunable

Additionally, when I go to edit an eShop I get the following on-screen error: The site is unavailable. Please contact your administrator.

7. amiles248

amiles248 Guest

Latest development...

I disabled the new website created by the HF and went back to using my original website (both are pointed to the same dir) and now everything is working.

I would still like to know why the HF created a new site in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is there documentation describing how to use some of the new features of SB HF3?

-Ability to Remove "Manage Users" button, if Login module is disabled
    -Ability to customize "Go to Admin Panel" link behaivor
    -Evaluation modules in plans support-Ability to remove disabled Site Management buttons
    -Ability to Disable "Manage Site Users" button at Dashboard / Tasks