• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder and Plesk

S

sysoptech

Hello there:
I have a server with RHEL4 and Plesk 8.2.1. I intend to install Sitebuilder 4.0 to this server to help our customers design their web pages and then host those pages within Plesk in the same server.
My server has currently PHP Version 4.3.9. I understand that the Sitebuilder autoinstaller comes itself with PHP 5. If I run the Sitebuilder autoinstaller and opt to install PHP 5, will it replace PHP 4.3.9 on the whole server or will it install PHP 5 only for Sitebuilder leaving both PHP 4.3.9 (for Plesk) and PHP 5 installed and running in my server?

I hope I made my question clear.

Thanks in advance.

If I run the Sitebuilder autoinstaller and opt to install PHP 5, will it replace PHP 4.3.9 on the whole server
No it will not.

PHP5 which is shipped with Sitebuilder packages will not overwrite your PHP installation. It will be installed into /opt/php52/ folder and will be used only by Sitebuilder.
Actually, on system you can install several PHP versions into different locations at the same time.

Hello there:
My server has currently PHP Version 4.3.9. I understand that the Sitebuilder autoinstaller comes itself with PHP 5. If I run the Sitebuilder autoinstaller and opt to install PHP 5, will it replace PHP 4.3.9 on the whole server or will it install PHP 5 only for Sitebuilder leaving both PHP 4.3.9 (for Plesk) and PHP 5 installed and running in my server?
Thanks in advance.

Back