• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

sitebuilder does not work/

R

riluco

Hello,

We bought the sitebuilder linux 4.0 100 domains license.
We also bought the installation service from you.

When buying installation service I expect to get a working version online of the item I bought.

More so since before installation and during installation your technicians and our ISP worked together to make sure the server requirements were OK.

During installation your technicians have been in contact with our hosting provider to check and alter the server settings so that the sitebuilder could run on the server.

Our hosting provider has ensim basic licenses on all it's servers.

Even today our hosting provider (chosen to the number one of our country) checked the list of errors and looked into the installation done by your technicians.

The error list placed beneath this posting does not match our server settings.
When we run the php check command on your installation it returns everthing with OK.

The installation of sitebuilder was very difficult even for your technicians and caused problems for the msql server.

Viktor from technical support had to make changes to the apache configuration. Suan from technical support mailed us that installation was succesfull, but maybe it was better to change dns or hostname settings.
We have tried changing dns, and we have switched hostname's in admin panel.

Now we are asking you to take a good look at the installtion and the list of errors.
Mailing us that we need to buy a service plan is nice, but I think you need to make the sitebuilder working first.

This is the list of errors we get when trying to publish a site:
(note: most of the listed errors are availeble on the server)

1 The specified site location does not have ionCube Loader support. Please contact the server administrator.
2 The specified site location does not support dynamic pages. PHP version 4.2.1 or later must be installed. Please contact the server administrator.
3 The specified site location does not support required PHP extensions. Please contact the server administrator.
4 PHP is not configured properly at the specified site location. The 'safe_mode' directive must be turned off. Please contact the server administrator.
5 The specified site location does not support modules data storage. SQLite version 2.x must be installed at the target server. Please contact the server administrator.
6 PHP SQLite extension does not support UTF-8 encoding on the publishing server. Text information on the site may be displayed incorrectly.
7 The specified site location does not support image resizing properly. GD library version 2.0.1 or above must be installed. Please contact the server administrator.
8 The specified site location does not support image resizing properly. GD library does not support PNG images. Please contact the server administrator.
9 The specified site location does not support image resizing properly. GD library does not support GIF images. Please contact the server administrator.
10 The specified site location does not support image resizing properly. GD library does not support JPG images. Please contact the server administrator.
11 The specified site location does not support image resizing properly. GD library does not support WBMP images. Please contact the server administrator.

If you wish you can get url, admin login and server login data from us again.

Please fix this product, we have customers waiting.

With kind regards,

Cor

This is check.php status.

check.php status:

OK : supported version of PHP found (5.1.X or newer - 5.2.1)
OK : extension sitebuilder3 in state on found
OK : extension pdo in state on found
OK : extension pdo_mysql in state on found
OK : extension sqlite in state on found
OK : extension dom in state on found
OK : extension libxml in state on found
OK : extension xml in state on found
OK : extension xsl in state on found
OK : extension spl in state on found
OK : extension pcre in state on found
OK : extension session in state on found
OK : extension simplexml in state on found
OK : extension ftp in state on found
OK : extension openssl in state on found
OK : extension mbstring in state on found
OK : extension soap in state on found
OK : extension gd in state on found
OK : extension ctype in state on found
OK : extension zlib in state on found
OK : extension iconv in state on found
OK : extension posix in state on found
OK : extension curl in state on found
OK : extension mysql in state on found
OK : setting magic_quotes_gpc in state off found
OK : setting magic_quotes_runtime in state off found
OK : setting open_basedir in state off found
OK : setting safe_mode in state off found
OK : setting zend.ze1_compatibility_mode in state off found
OK : setting mbstring.internal_encoding in state UTF-8 found
OK : supported SQLite version 2.x found
OK : SQLite UTF-8 encoding found
OK : GD library PNG support found
OK : GD library GIF support found
OK : GD library JPG support found
OK : GD library WBMP support found
OK : supported GD library version 2.0.1 (or newer) found

As I understand Sitebuilder itself works fine but publication does not work. Is that right?
File check.php which you tried is for Sitebuilder itself. To make sure that publication is possible on remote server you need to use different check.php file. Try to check this article: http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1812

I can also suggest you to check Sitebuilder documentation where you can find useful information related to publication issues:
http://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuilder/4.0.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/index.htm -> Appendix. Troubleshooting Sitebuilder -> Typical Site Publishing Errors.

Also, could you let me know which OS remote server is, Windows or Unix?

Hello Dmitry,

thanks for your reply.

Were can I find this check.php that I need to upload

We are running on a server with centos 4.1 installed.

Our ISP is checking again if everything is indeed installed and has the correct values.

Cor

Originally posted by Dmitry Frantsev
As I understand Sitebuilder itself works fine but publication does not work. Is that right?
File check.php which you tried is for Sitebuilder itself. To make sure that publication is possible on remote server you need to use different check.php file. Try to check this article: http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1812

I can also suggest you to check Sitebuilder documentation where you can find useful information related to publication issues:
http://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuilder/4.0.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/index.htm -> Appendix. Troubleshooting Sitebuilder -> Typical Site Publishing Errors.

Also, could you let me know which OS remote server is, Windows or Unix?

This is SITEBUILDER_ROOT/resources/publish/check.php file. In your CentOS installation it should be /usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/publish/check.php
Just upload it into appropriate domain and run it through browser.

this took a while,

I needed our ISP to put the script in the directory.

Running it returns the following:

ioncube=ok phpVersion=4.4.0 mbstring=ok zlib=ok session=ok dom=ok domxml_xslt=ok sqlite=fail gd_png=ok gd_gif=ok gd_jpg=ok gd_wbmp=ok gd=2.0.28 safe_mode=ok mail=ok serverApi=Apache Handler

if you wish you can get login data in PM so you can login in our sitebuilder as an admin.

Cor

From this output I can see that only SQLITE extension is not installed. I have just sent an e-mail to you with appropriate package in the attachment. Try to install it. This package also required sqlite2 package installation. If you do not have this package installed yet you can find it here, for example:
http://rpm.pbone.net
After required packages are installed try to check publication one more time.

sqlite is fixed see this one:

ioncube=ok phpVersion=4.4.0 mbstring=ok zlib=ok session=ok dom=ok domxml_xslt=ok sqlite=2.8.14 sqliteEncoding=iso8859 gd_png=ok gd_gif=ok gd_jpg=ok gd_wbmp=ok gd=2.0.28 safe_mode=ok mail=ok serverApi=Apache Handler

Still the same, tried changing server names, etc. no results.

Can I check it directly from Sitebuilder admin CP? You can send me CP access through private message...Also could you give me site name which could be checked/published.

Pm on the way.

login data for sitebuilder admin and our server specs included.
also ftp trial data for a test domain/directory included.

Thanks

Cor

Hello Dmitry,

I saw a few test's and changes from your side in our logs appearing.

No luck jet in finding the bugs ??

Sorry for this delay...I have checked this situation and here what I got:

Under FTP user which you provided I could log into server and access 'sitebuilder' working directory. I uploaded check.php script there and was able to run it through web interface: http://www.linkplein.net/sitebuilder/check.php
The only thing which is not observed in list of requirements is safe_mode=fail'.
From Sitebuilder log files I can see the following error:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /sitebuilder/32666bc73bc2f793563cbf9738bc324f.php was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at www.linkplein.net Port 80</address>
</body></html>

So Sitebuilder uploads check script during publication/verification and tries to run it, but can not find as there is no such script.
In this situation I can suggest you the following:
1. Enable safe_mode, so check.php file displays all requirements as 'ok'.
2. Install latest patch for 4.0.0 version which I will send you in couple of minutes.
3. Check if SELinux is disabled on publishing server, just in case.
4. Try to publish one more time.

If this does not help, most probably this situation related to apache configuration on server and needs to be investigated more deeply. Try to request SWsoft support team help.

Hello Dmitry,

We will tunr safe mode on for testing the publish function in a short while.

This is strange in a way, in sitebuilder requirements it says safe mode should be off.
At this moment it is off as reguired.

We will try to install the patch.

Cor

Dmitry,

We have discussed this here within our company and with our ISP.

We have a proposition.

We deliver you 1 new and clean server on which only the sitebuilder will be installed.
Plesk 8.2.. and everything else installed and configured according to sitebuilder requirements.
Your technicians then can re-install the sitebuilder on a fresh system.

We would like you to pick this up with your sales department, since we have payed for installation and at this moment have a not working sitebuilder.

We are already in the process of creating and installing a new dedicated server.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cor

Thanks for the advice.

We have placed the ticket there and we expect to have a new server online some where tuesday.

We like to have some detailed information about control panels installed on the server.

plesk 8. XX or direct admin.

At this time we are free in the choice of installed software and versions.

Cor

I can not say anything exactly about Direct admin, as I did not even work with it. As for Plesk you can find all information on SWsoft website:
http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/
Here you can find description of the product, try demo online and even get flash tutorials. I can say that it is better to use latest versions which is more stable and include more features.

Hello Dmitry,

We have a new dedicated server, this one whill be online tuesday / wednesday.

Also we have purchased a 100 domains plesk 8.2 license through plesk agent pro serve here in Holland.

Server:
Dell Poweredge 750 P4 2.8 ghz
2gb ram
2* 160 gb HDD in raid 1

OS will be: centos 5 x
Pleks 8.2 onboard
Also all the sitebuilder software requirements will be placed on this server.

I hope to hear from your support team soon on our ticket:
SWsoft #414591

All that could be done from our side and more has been done.

Thanks

Cor

Got the same problem but Dmitry took the conversation offline. Does this not defeat the purpose of forums? To provide help and solutions to the user community.

Back